Author Topic: Jet drillers  (Read 1035 times)

joeboy

• View Profile
Jet drillers
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:30:34 PM »
Do you guys know what size drill gives what size jet, I have a stock 80 jet and its a shame because i could use it if i knew how to make it say an 84 or 86 but i dont know what size drill to use. maybe one of you have made some kind of chart on what size jet is what size drill?   :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Jet drillers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
..okay, we're saying size, reffering to jets..just keep in mind that not all makes "sizes" are of the same diameter...

..so, for the sake of making this universal, lets talk in millimeters and inches...

..80 jet = .80 mm = .0314 inch

..84 jet = .84 mm = .0330 inch

..86 jet = .86 mm = .0338 inch

..now, what i do is use my dial calipers to select the proper drill bit size that i'm shooting for..

..i've posted pics of that here "http://kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=1924.0"

..it's smart to select  a bit that is slightly under what you actually want the jet diameter to be..

"http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm"

..this is a link to an online conversion site i frequent..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:49:24 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »
Thats great just what i needed in case my 88 is too rich..I can drill out my 80.. :)

Oh and i see the pattern its just the size of the hole in mm so a 105 jet is just 1.05mm, I thought it was some weird and wonderful system.  ::)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 03:47:05 AM by joeboy »

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:38:12 PM »
Joeboy, I've read about some carbs sizing their jets off the flow, not sure which ones though.  Something like how many cc's flow per minute.  I think my Arreche may be one of them.  I believe the Delorto is different than my Arreche and I'm pretty sure the Delorto sizes by the  hole in mm's.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »
Joeboy, I've read about some carbs sizing their jets off the flow, not sure which ones though.  Something like how many cc's flow per minute.  I think my Arreche may be one of them.  I believe the Delorto is different than my Arreche and I'm pretty sure the Delorto sizes by the  hole in mm's.

..i read on one Delorto related site they they do indeed go by mm diameter for their sizing...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()