Author Topic: Does your dealer have a hard time getting parts from Kymco / 600 mile check  (Read 3567 times)

OLDRIDER

• View Profile
Some person hit my new scooter in the parking garage. I had a report form the guards that they found it laying over on its side. It looks like someone tried to pull in the parking space and knocked it over on it right side AND THEN tried to pick it up and dropped it on ot left side and took off. We have alot of spring breakers here so that is who I suspect. I have the right hand mirror and muffler cover broken and the left had brake control bent and the cover near the back wheel broken off.

IT seems like my dealer, who will for now remain name less, has a problem getting parts or answers from Kymco. Have any of you experienced the same kind of propblem with your dealer/Kymco?  It has been a few weeks and parts are still not here.

I also have a second question I am about to take my bike in for its 600 mile check up, maintenace and the repair of the above parts. Do you have any suggestions that I should have the dealer look at besides what is called out in the owners manual. Also, do you have suggestions for items that should be added. I have seen some postings on 90 degree valve covers for the tires. and will look into those. I am sure that many of you have found items that should have been checked but were missed. Thanks in advance. 

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
...dang dude...i hate that for you...people suck...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
No problems here in Nashville. East Side Scooters gets most parts from Kymco in 2-5 days.

rick71

• View Profile
My dealer order almost every piece of plastic on the bike, a mirror, a brake handle, 2 exciting labels... got it in 2-3 days.
Rick

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
I'm sure you guys ALL knew I was gonna hit this! Very few Kymco "DEALERS" are Item Specific, or Dedicated to the Kymco brand. I have found it is MUCH easier to order the parts I need from various reliable sources. The down side for you is obvious. Let the Dealer Do It, is obviously not an option. The Local mechanic may not be familiar enough w/ scoots tom do the right thing either. There are two options left... Leave the scoot behind the shed till a buddy sees it, and offers you some kinda trade, or look to learn to fix it better than the other guys. I think that's why you're here OLDRIDER! Basic service list is fairly long. Oil change, check the level of the gear oil, check fuel filter, brake fluid levels, ALL nuts/bolts/play, tire pressure, there are loads of inspections. I traded out my 90 degree rubber mount stems for bolt on straight stems. I can't get air at any local station, but I don't trust their gauges anyway. Look at your scoot like a time piece. If ANYTHING feels wrong... it is.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
I really hate that! 

Look the scooter over again and very carefully.  If you're filing an insurance claim you want to replace ANYTHING that has the least scratch from this incident. 

Things such as the handlebar ends can be scratched. Get out a magnifying glass if you have to.  Plastic may have small scratches you haven't noticed yet.  Front fender at the front edge.   Passenger pegs.  on and on.  If you wash and wax it, you may find some scratches you didn't see before.

Check the tire and rim that was hit by the car.  Tire could have damage that only shows up as a vibration.  Rim could have a tiny dent.

A friend taught me long ago to always park way back in the parking space so drivers can see there's a bike in the spot before they go zooming in.   

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Does that parking garage have security camera recordings that could be checked?  Maybe get the culprit's licence number? 

Bryan

• View Profile
Hi OT, I'm really sorry to hear about what some idiot has done to your scoot. I't makes me so upset when folks are so direspectful and inconsiderate towards someone's property it make you want to do nasty things to them. I know how dissapointed I was the other day after the 4000km service when I found they had scrathed my scoot especially after talking to everyone there from the mechanic to the owner of the dealership and asking nicely to please take special care with my scoot. Now facing all the inconvenience of getting things sorted out. I hope you come right and get things sorted soon. Best regards from Durban RSA.

PIWYRCOM

• View Profile
    • ADMIN/SITE BUILDER
zombie has made some key points...and

Over the past 6 years on our forum ''most'' issues about getting parts seem to fall back into the 'Dealiars' lap.
Many 'pass the blame' to the distributer after several things happen, IE: forgot to place the order, OR... waiting to make a larger 'bulk' order to save shipping.

The above points are what we have found behind most of the problems getting parts.
http://piwyr.co.cc
Collecting Kymco Venox information since 2006

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..i went into a local scoot repair shop yesterday evening, looking for a spring for my center stand...

..nice place, wonderful location, plenty of room...or so i thought...

..they have one older guy, chewing on a dead cigar, crack of his ass hanging out of his pants, everything was dirty, jumbled up and crammed full of old scoots, scoots for repair, some nice looking scoots laying against things...saw not a single kymco...

..think i might go back by there today to see if they need some help..

..i could 5-S te hell outta that place and make something of it, I think...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Put a cot in the back, and you gots your first employee! Ps Will work for food!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
That sucks,  :'( I really don't like people who are so disrespectful and careless.   You have my sympathy.  My dealer seems to have no problem getting OEM parts.  It did take them a week to get a speedometer proximity pickup.  Most stuff they seem to get in a couple of days if they don't have it in stock.  Their main line is Honda, but more and more they are selling a lot of Kymco.  It is the aftermarket stuff that seems to be harder to get.  Took them 3 months to get a pad for my Shad top box.  But they told me the distributer was out of stock the day they ordered it and that it would take months to get.  They can't get Dr Pulley sliders for the X500 ether, but then they seem to be out everywhere else as well.   

Good luck on getting your baby fixed.  A curse on the jerk that hit it. >:(
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

bongoman

• View Profile
You have my sympathies as well. What a drag. There must be a special hell for people like that, and someday their conscience will see that justice is done. Or some such philosophical thing. Just my way of saying, "What goes round, comes round."

Not all Kymco dealers are created equal, that's for sure. I now live in Austin, Texas and still ride down to San Antonio - 85 miles - to have the dealer from whom I purchased my Xciting 500 do most work. I know the mechanic, and they are a scooter oriented dealership, not a motorcyle shop carrying some scooters. That's what the Kymco dealer in Austin is, a motorcycle shop that also carries Kymco. And Kymco has a lock on making sure that only Kymco dealers carry their parts. Which I think is a drag.

And my dealer in San Antonio nearly always has parts in stock, or gets them within a couple of days.

Hope you get back on the road soon, Old Rider.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()