Author Topic: Replaced my drive boss on Agility now funny noise. Help!  (Read 1395 times)

rliburd2002

• View Profile
Replaced my drive boss on Agility now funny noise. Help!
« on: April 06, 2010, 09:22:04 PM »
Hi all,

I have recently cut the CDI on my Agility 50 and it increased the speed from 32mph to 38mph. Great.
Then I bought a derestricted drive boss and fitted it on Monday. First ride was fine. Speed increased to 40-45. When I started it the next morning
there was a bit of noise coming from under the kick start cover but after I revved it a couple of time it went so I carried on to work. After riding for about 30mins I noticed the noise again when sitting at the lights and realised it only came when idling??

So later I started my journey home and all was fine. After 10 mins I heard the noise again when idling but it went when I revved.

I also started to notice a sound when riding at higher speeds. It's like a rubbing coming from underneath me that speeds up with the bike. Really weird!

Any help would be appreciated.

rliburd2002

joeboy

• View Profile
Re: Replaced my drive boss on Agility now funny noise. Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:38:35 PM »
You are going to have to take it off and check everything is still tight in there before it chews the cranks splines up or worse if you can get any worse... ;)

rliburd2002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 12:41:41 AM »
I will try that thanks. Unfortunately that means I am on the train to work until Saturday.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 01:27:16 AM »
Its only a ten minute job to take the transmission cover off to take a peek and have a feel for thing being loose...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 01:37:18 AM »
They are both right! Take it all apart again, and re-do what you did. It may be the second time is the charm. I've done it tooooo many times to quote.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
...also check the kickstart mechanism...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()