Author Topic: Yager gt 200i  (Read 7327 times)

InfernoST

• View Profile
Re: Yager gt 200i
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »
Thanks Zombie, You have to call them because they don't have a listing for the Yager on their website. I'll give them a try next time. ;)
-Keith-

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 08:51:27 PM »
Thanks, inferno and zombie. Stadium struck out on the part numbers.....Will let you know if I have any success with anyone.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 09:14:14 PM »
Got some informatiion: HighFloFiltro HF562 $3.80-$4.00 each. Fits a coupla other Kymco models.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 01:27:24 AM »
Way to go crossbolt! That's the best thing about this forum. People finding the good stuff, and passing it along... Awesome!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 09:29:06 AM »
AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks Crossbolt, 20 bucks for an oil filter is a bit much.
-Keith-

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »
Here is positive confirmation on the Hiflo HF562: This is an EXACT replacement for the Kymco number. Changed my oil today and had original and replacement side-by-side. The HF 562 has more pleats in the filter material which means more filter area. The by-pass valve and the internal construction looked identical. I will report any drawbacks when encountered but I expect none.

Second note: Kymco apparently does NOT support its dealers in any manner and that is why parts are such an issue. I, therefore, will NOT purchase another Kymco unless they get their heads outta their arses in the meantime.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 05:14:02 AM »
Second note: Kymco apparently does NOT support its dealers in any manner and that is why parts are such an issue. I, therefore, will NOT purchase another Kymco unless they get their heads outta their arses in the meantime.

That is absolutely NOT the case in the U.S., I can tell you from experience. KymcoUSA is quite responsive to (at least one of) its dealers, here. Maybe it's not to all dealers, but it is to MY dealer, at least.

Case-in-point: I had a complaint about my scooter last year, and wrote an open letter the the president of KymcoUSA about it on my little-known blog (that is, btw, highly-ranked on Google searches for "Kymco blog"). The next morning, my dealer had a voicemail from KymcoUSA, wanting to know how they could help resolve the issue.

In the intervening time, I have worked part-time for this dealer (doing the web site for the shop, and managing the store, occasionally). Parts ordering is a breeze -- it's all done online, and easy as can be, and parts show up two business days later in nearly all cases. And, they've been happy to put a technician on the phone, to assist in troubleshooting and giving tips to our mechanics on approaching a tricky repair, or clarifying steps that aren't fully-outlined in the service manuals. The other two (Taiwanese) lines the shop carries do not go this far in providing dealer support.

Just my two cents.

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »
That is absolutely NOT the case in the U.S., I can tell you from experience. KymcoUSA is quite responsive to (at least one of) its dealers, here. Maybe it's not to all dealers, but it is to MY dealer, at least.

Case-in-point: I had a complaint about my scooter last year, and wrote an open letter the the president of KymcoUSA about it on my little-known blog (that is, btw, highly-ranked on Google searches for "Kymco blog"). The next morning, my dealer had a voicemail from KymcoUSA, wanting to know how they could help resolve the issue.

In the intervening time, I have worked part-time for this dealer (doing the web site for the shop, and managing the store, occasionally). Parts ordering is a breeze -- it's all done online, and easy as can be, and parts show up two business days later in nearly all cases. And, they've been happy to put a technician on the phone, to assist in troubleshooting and giving tips to our mechanics on approaching a tricky repair, or clarifying steps that aren't fully-outlined in the service manuals. The other two (Taiwanese) lines the shop carries do not go this far in providing dealer support.

Just my two cents.

I'm glad to hear you got outstanding service. I myself am still waiting to hear back from Kymco regarding the issue I have with my headlight de-lamination issue, still waiting for a service manual for my Yager (It's going on 2 Months), it took 3 weeks to get 2 oil filters and topcase mounting bracket etc, etc, etc. It shouldn't take 3 week to get something as simple as an oil filter.

Can you share your contact over at Kymco because they aren't very responsive to my dealer.
-Keith-

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 01:29:50 PM »
Can you share your contact over at Kymco because they aren't very responsive to my dealer.

Well, it could be that, or it could be that the dealer isn't being particularly responsive to you. From a distance, that's impossible to judge, of course.

It's pretty common practice for low-volume dealers to try to consolidate parts orders so as to spread out the shipping costs amongst several customers, where practical. However, the timelines you describe are not tolerable.

I'll look into getting you a service manual, if you like. I have to find out where I hid IE, since the KymcoUSA parts order system requires it, but I'll be in touch. Check your PM, here.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:44:01 PM by jprestonian »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 01:44:16 PM »
OK, jprestonian! It is good to hear something positive. I will patronize your dealer if I know where he is and you may have just saved the day as far as I am concerned.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

griffon_j9

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »
I have to say.... My dealer is pretty awesome too!  I have not had my new xc in yet, but when I called about the downed digital dash on my grandvisita, they took it in the same day. Three days later they had it fixed! Also though expensive.... they do maintance at the appointment I asked for and do it while you wait! ^_^  OHHHH and when I took a spill on my scoot and needed mirror and grab bar for it they had the parts in a week.

here is there website: http://www.clevelandscooters.com/

take care and hope you get things taken care of!

P.S. They have a kymco trailer parked in there lot.... not sure but that may say there a major dealer? or just love kymco!  :D
2010 Red Xciting 500RI  51 MPG so far

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 09:13:17 PM »
P.S. They have a kymco trailer parked in there lot.... not sure but that may say there a major dealer? or just love kymco!  :D

Believe it or not, KymcoUSA probably asked them if they could keep the trailer there for some unspecified time. That's what they did with my dealer, and it stayed there for like six months. It was good brand advertising, but it took up a lot of parking spaces.  :)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 03:35:01 PM »
Griffon, I checked your link: Great website for Cleveland Scooters! Great looking building and they even have Royal Enfield traditional sho' nuff MOTORCYCLES right outta the forties and fifties! Sent 'em an e-mail about filters. I will let y'all know what they said...

Kar
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 06:56:06 PM »
Hey Crossbolt, I ordered 2 oil filters (3.60 each) and should be getting them today. Thanks again.
-Keith-

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
You are welcome, inferno! What were the shipping charges? I have about 100 miles on the oil change with no drips, runs or errors!

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()