Author Topic: just found stolen super 9...but.....  (Read 4385 times)

reallypfc

• View Profile
just found stolen super 9...but.....
« on: April 10, 2010, 01:14:47 AM »
my super 9 was stolen in december,1 day after i got back the repair shop.i happened to stop in today to  get a throttle cable holder which brole  on my jmstar....lo and behold he tells me ~some guys~ just dropped of this super 9 a few months ago and wondered if it was mine....i went in and told him 2 days after it was stolen to be on the look out for it but for reasons unknown yet known ...he never called...been sitting in hi showroom the whole time
any way the thiefs ripped off the front bezzle and fubared the wires on the ignition switch ....i need to get a new one .that i understand
what gets me though is that battery was out and the cdi is missing.....it appears to me that he used it for some other bike which pisses me off even more
my questions are
1)can i use an aftermarket cdi and if so what brand honda qants 90.00
2)need replace front bezel...any parts places you know that might have one
its a 2006 watercooled front rear disc brake model....thanks...len

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: just found stolen super 9...but.....
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:48:37 PM »
Hey Len. That is one "F"ed up story! The parts shop I use is  http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx  They have a lot of praise on this forum. Mention the forum to them when you order. The cdi can be ordered direct from Suitai    http://www.motorcycle-components.com/   They will program the cdi w/ NO restriction for you. They are the manufacturer that Kymco uses. The site has 2 contact #'s. I use the Tiawan #. Getting thru in English may take a moment, but it is well worth it. My zx cdi was 39.99, and $20.00 shipping to Florida.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

reallypfc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »
They will program the cdi w/ NO restriction for you
can you explain this to me further ...also was wondering if there is a link to a 2006 super parts manual so i can start checking on the cosmetic stuff i am going to need
thanks agai for your help

len

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
can you explain this to me further ...also was wondering if there is a link to a 2006 super parts manual so i can start checking on the cosmetic stuff i am going to need
thanks agai for your help

len

..what zombie was saying, is that if you order a cdi from Suitai, they program it without the rev limiting restrictions that are common to most 50cc scooters..the restrictions are normally put in place to kep the scoot's speed and rpms below a certain level...this is done to comply with speed laws that limit 50cc scooters to say, 35 mph...

"http://www.timtaylor.net/Scooter/Manuals.htm"  towards the bottom of that page is the Kymco section. The S9 manual is there.

peace
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 09:14:53 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 10:17:38 PM »
And this site will give you the parts breakdown w/ the prices. It is the shop alot of us recommend from the forum. My favorite for oem parts.  http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

reallypfc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:50:48 PM »
couple of more q's
how do you pay the guys in tawain
and how long does were does it take to get here

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 12:04:51 AM »
G'Day Reallypfc, I am in Australia and the bits that I get from Taiwon I pay with pay palg, you could do a bank transfer if you would prefer, or credit card which I would not. I think about 2 weeks wait, not such a small world yet. All the best  with your scoot.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 12:35:36 AM »
I gave them a debit card! They are a bit too big for Paypal. 2 weeks is spot on. Where are you located? Mine was 2 weeks to Florida USA

reallypfc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 05:48:28 AM »
i am in wilmington nc...so it should not be that muh of a wait,,,,thoughts are of just
a)getting original from loal honda kymco dealer along with new lock mech and see if it will start....then worry about cosmetics
b)ordering and working with http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx

local honda/kymco  shop wants 90 for the cdi and 60 for the ignition
switch assembly

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 02:52:33 PM »
Whoa! Dude, Search Ebay for the lock set up. When I first bought my scoot I had lost the key, and found a complete lock/key set on ebay for $16.95, and 8 bucks shipping. I was looking at those two wheel 50cc skateboard scoot things, and it was just in the page. It was a big company w/ lots of merchandise. If you can put the scoot on the back burner for 2 weeks or so you can get the cdi, and the lock set for less than just one of them local. Ps The lock set was the EXACT SAME AS THE FACTORY SET.

reallypfc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 03:03:34 AM »
since it is a 2006 water cooled ...loal honda sho p went nuts on cdi  price..ordered from http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx and sved about $150 bucks
just waiting for parts to ome in ( may 3rd to 14th) ...then the fun starts
will be looking for cosmetic front end parts if it starts ..used is aok  if any one knows ...btw thanks for all the help so far

len

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 03:59:45 AM »
Have you tried searching Ebay? Try looking at the used parts, and follow the links to the sellers store. I found loads of used parts that were not listed by contacting the sellers. Many of the used parts guys are actually salvage yards that part out scoots as they get them. Keep us informed how it goes! I Love the S9.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »
i am in wilmington nc...so it should not be that muh of a wait,,,,thoughts are of just
a)getting original from loal honda kymco dealer along with new lock mech and see if it will start....then worry about cosmetics
b)ordering and working with http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx

local honda/kymco  shop wants 90 for the cdi and 60 for the ignition
switch assembly

I've got a spare nose cone, CDI and lock set if you're interested.  The key is slightly bent (insurance job), but it works.  Nose cone isn't super pretty.  I have a scratched red one, a decent shape grey one (off an 07) with damage to the decals, and an orange one with a few scratches on it. 

e-mail josh@thescootergarage.com

Sucks about the theft.  Any time someone brings something to my shop that is questionable I let them know that I will have the police check it.  Caught one so far out of several, but most of the time police don't have reports because people don't keep the VIN on hand.  Last one I reported they couldn't do anything about because there was no report.  Kinda silly huh?

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
That is the single biggest draw back to no tags in N.C.. I bought mine third hand, and no title. The Police Chief is my friend, and neighbor. I ask him to run the vin so I could get the title thru the original owner. Guess what! The vin I mis read, and quoted to the Chief turned up STOLEN in NEW JERSEY. That one was blue, mine is green (factory plastic) He came over, and got the correct #'s off the frame, and saved me a whole lot of embarrassment. Bottom line is I think all states should at least Reg. to protect US from THEM!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 07:44:03 PM »
...i wouldn't mind the registering part...as long as we don't start requiring a valid NCDL...

..i'd have to break the law just to get to work and back...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()