Author Topic: which bbk?  (Read 1537 times)

Dark13

• View Profile
which bbk?
« on: April 10, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a big block kit any recommendations or feedback?

i have seen a 75cc 80 cc and 90cc kit how do these affect speed, acceleration, hills and most importantly longevity

and which is best and whats involved in installing and fine tuning
proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: which bbk?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:49:28 PM »
The best advice I can give is to stay w/ BRAND NAME PARTS. I don't know of a kit to recommend for the AG/50 But if you could post a link or 2, I may be able to help w/ some feedback. I have found the smaller kits, are more true to the bolt on concept, where the larger kits require more mods/tuning/parts than you may want to get into. I know SIP scooter shop has High Performance cams for the AG. They may also have a strong kit for you.  http://www.sip-scootershop.com/main/statics/PrivacyPolicy.aspx
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Dark13

• View Profile
proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 12:48:00 AM »
I honestly would suggest the second kit (although scootertronics has a track record of long delivery times.) They order the kit when you order it. I prefer it because it has a matching head, and cam. The photo also appears to have valves installed as well. The polinni kit is most likely the most powerfull or well designed of the bunch, and if you mention the forum Dr Moto will reduce the price by 10%. You will need to purchase the rest of the bits yourself tho. The airsal ,and the monstergy6 will also require extras that will get the price right up there w/ the scootronics kit. If it were my build? the scootronics
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 12:51:22 AM »
Forgot... If you go as big as 80cc you will want to replace/upgrade the carb, and pipe to accommodate the extra flow. I have right around $1,500 in parts on mine, and you should expect about the same when it is all said, and done.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 01:29:43 AM »
Here's another Airsal option.  This ones is a 50mm cylinder.  I would recommend doing the exhaust and carb with any of the kits.  There is really no such think as a straight "bolt on" kit.  Keep in mind there will be many hours spent tuning once the initial bolting is done!  ;)

http://www.mhr-usa.com/index.php?target=mopeds&mode=mopeds_search&subcats=Y&cid=0&moped_brand_id=128&moped_model_id=646

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 02:43:29 AM »
One of everything on that page would make a bad a$$ kit. I noticed the piston has the recess for the stock head. That is the downfall of most of these options tho. The stock head will limit the flow in/out of the head. If you are going to kit... Go for the best set up you can.

mikrron

• at least outstanding !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 10:59:01 AM »
malossi 80cc is the best : better performance but high price
sorry for my writing mistakes .. i`m only human

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 01:53:47 PM »
The 72cc bbk I got had everything with it head block gaskets etc, pretty much bolt on kit, have lots of carb tuning still!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »
Can you post a link Kimcofan? It may help dark13 decide. I would always suggest malossi first. I just haven't seen the kit for the AG/50. Looks like plenty of choices tho...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()