Author Topic: 6500km valve adjustment req`d??  (Read 6537 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 6500km valve adjustment req`d??
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 05:44:41 PM »
Watch which kit you get. Stay away from the ones that re-use your head. I think a COMPLETE kit was $380.00 from arisol.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 05:54:50 AM »
Ok, gave the pocket rocket a service and popped the rocker cover off for a quick suss. I cheched the clearances and all 100% perfect. I guess I may be a 6 foot 120kg man expecting too much from his scooter!
Holty

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 11:59:26 AM »
Well the time has come, its 10pm Sat night here and tomorrow Im fitting the big bore kit to my Agility 125. I want and need more, and as its a long weekend here, Im going to just do it tomorrow! Zombie, can you post the pic of my kit. I will try take the time to take pics, but that will only be on the phone, and when I want to stop. I CANT WAIT TO GET THIS DONE!!!! If this doesnt make the baby sing, I will be moving onto a bigger bike I think!
Holty

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 04:38:41 PM »
Here's a pict that Holty emailed me. I have to say he found a very complete kit! It should work out fairly easily.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 11:36:46 PM »
Ok, all was going well until I tried to dummy fit the barrel. Waaaaaaaaaaay to big for the hole in the block. My pison measures 59mm but the hole in the block is only 61mm, so theres no room for the lower section of the barrel to fit into the block. Im in 2 minds now as to weather I strip the bottom end and machine the block to accept to 63mm big bore kit and be done with it, or simply machine a small amount off the skirt and slip this 58.5mm kit in for now. Very dissapointed, and was expecting to be belting some miles on it today, but it will have to wait. I think the block will get stripped and machine, so at a later stage I can go to the 190cc kit and be done with it.
Will let you know what happens!
Holty
Ps, on a side note, the engine is in extremely good condition for the 7000km it has done so far. I reckon it would do a heap more looking at its current condition, just not enough grunt for me! The barrel and piston could be simply swapped onto another engine without batting an eye. Its perfect. I must commend Kymco for there quality, its a good thing.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 01:04:12 AM »
All Except for that. If you haven't already sent it all back... Most of the kit can still work out for you. Put on everything but the jug kit, and you may wind up w/ a betterr deal, and running scoot!

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »
Well, stripping the motor as we speak, going to go the whole hog so I can fit the 190cc kit, and wondering who has used the stroker cranks for these? I see 2 sizes are available, and think I might consider making an animal seeing as Im going this far into it. Word of advice, my 7/2008 plated Agility will not accept any bigger than tha factory barrel. Dont listejn to the hype from the dealers, they want your money, but the larger kits wont fit without machining work. Maybe different generation motors in early or later versions have larger access, but mine was useless.
I will advise when done......So miss not belting around on my scooter and its only day 3.
Holty

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 11:06:24 AM »
G'Day Holty, with the oversize barrels don't they say the crankcase needs to be bored out? I thought I saw that on one ad, but that might be a different brand. Keep at it, will be worth it when done.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »
As for the strokers, there are two things to keep in mind. 1: the bore/stroke of the jug going on, and you will need to do the math for that one to match the con rod length to the stroke of the jug. 2: that the jug will work with the extra diameter of the crank. There are soo many kits for these scoots, it is hard to tell w/ will work w/out a degree in engineering.

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 10:03:14 AM »
Sloth, the seller told me it was a bolt on option with the 58.5mm kit, but thats a joke. Soooooo, with the thing in bits its a good opportunity to open it up now for later upgrades. I will just start looking once Im finished this install and when I find a good package of nits will grab it and make it happen. In the interim Im going to have some fun. I have really enjoyed working on the scoot, and cant believe how much I have missed this. I might even finish my offroad go cart once this is done, thats how much it has inspired me.
Be good and I will advise outcome, which I reckon will be this weekend.
Ps, when I went and ordered my gasket kit for the bottom end, I grabbed some front brake pads (factory Kymco) for $12 outright! Bloody amazingly cheap fun these things....
Holty

grazo22

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 04:43:06 PM »
I would be very careful when ordering a stroker crank. Unlike many other GY6 engines the bearings which sit on the crank are different sizes. If my memory serves me correctly the right bearing is substantially bigger than the left one. I used a donor crank from a normal GY6 and found out the hard way that this was the case.

Also if you do split the case I'd like to know where you get your gaskets from. There are many parts I need here in the UK but the dealers are insanely expensive.

Gray
Scooters are designed to be thrashed, you might as well test the design out :D

Always on the top speed run ;P

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 02:38:38 AM »
Well the housings are nearly finished being machined to 65.5mm so hopefully with time allowing I will start getting it back together this week coming. My head is just back from the porters, and looks so nice all ported and cleaned up. He took a fair bit out just in from the bowl and cleaned the whole lot up, so keen to see how it works when its on the bike. He said even though it was classified as a big port head there was still room for improvement and that he spent nearly 3 hours cleaning and changing the ports. If this thing doesnt rotate the earth on an eneven axis when I get ity back together I wont be happy!
Holty

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »
Come on Holty, stop holding out on us.....how did it go? we are waaiitiing.:)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:54 PM »
If this thing doesnt rotate the earth on an eneven axis when I get ity back together I wont be happy!
Holty

..woo-hooo!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 12:26:37 AM »
..... oh, hang on, looking at his username, if he is driving Ford XR6 turbo, he is probably still having too much fun and forgot his scoot???

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()