Author Topic: help needed  (Read 2730 times)

mikrron

• at least outstanding !
    • View Profile
help needed
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:41:06 PM »
hi , i searched all over the internet but i did not find :

- original BELT SIZE for agility 50 (i have no chance finding the original belt to buy)
i intend going for malossi kevlar or dayco (if i can find)
i have the original belt since new and now i have 8700 km on the clock

- original air filter (from paper) so i want to cut the paper from the old one and fit same filter paper in there. I`m not sure how to glue it there, maybe silicon ?
i "cleaned" it twice with jet of air but it`s to dirty now

I want to change the belt because i feel some vibrations when i take off and i think that`s the problem. Am i right ? I heard i also have to clean the Clutch from it`s own dust (i can`t express myself) because they cand make the clutch slipp and => vibrations again

so please
sorry for my writing mistakes .. i`m only human

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 05:55:58 PM »
..go to stadiumyamaha.com

..they have the belt, air filter etc...

..with only 8700km, your belt is probably fine..

..the dirty air filter could contribute to the vibration, i've had that same thing happen once before..

..where are you located mikrron?
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:16:14 PM »
At 9'000k It may be the rollers more than the clutch/belt. You can tear down all the cvt parts, and inspect the rollers for flat spots, clean the clutch w/ DE-natured alcohol, and measure the widest area of the belt, (across the top). Then you will know for sure what is needed. If you need help ordering parts there are lots of people here willing to drop ship an order for you. http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mikrron

• at least outstanding !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:43:56 PM »
nice site, i will register to see the shipping costs to Romania Bucharest
I have found belt. here an OEM belt is 66$ (double the price from the site) while malossi kevlar is 33$
I have changed the rollers at ~5000km with 5g ones hmm but i`m going to take a look inside and measure the belt too (min 16,5 width)
Thanks for the site :-*

PS shipping costs are way to high for my location from 36$ (product price) to 110$ (final price)
but it`s good to know in case something important brakes
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:05:16 PM by mikrron »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
Like I said Bro, Both myself, and some others here would be more than happy to order parts, and ship them for you at no extra cost. I will ask at the post office today to give you an idea!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mikrron

• at least outstanding !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »
i measured the belt width and it`s ~13,5mm. Service limit says 16,5mm measurement error
i also found out an abnormal movement: i held the variator and pushed it then pulled it twoards me. it moves a little :o. but i has no up-down movement. i think this ax moves on the bearings. and it`s a well driven scooter..i`m starting to hate it
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:00:12 PM by mikrron »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 02:05:12 PM »
..when you say "a little", the crankshaft will move a few mm in and out...that's normal...

..sounds like you need a new belt tho...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »
If the crank shaft is moving side to side you will be able to se this by holding the fan on the opposite side. It really should NOT move. If it does the bearings may be worn. As you posted at first , Have you tried to remove the clutch bell to clean inside it? A little de-natured alcohol, and some FINE 600grit sandpaper too remove the shine. Is this a two stroke or four stroke AG.?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »
If the crank shaft is moving side to side you will be able to se this by holding the fan on the opposite side. It really should NOT move. If it does the bearings may be worn. As you posted at first , Have you tried to remove the clutch bell to clean inside it? A little de-natured alcohol, and some FINE 600grit sandpaper too remove the shine. Is this a two stroke or four stroke AG.?

..mine has moved in and out a cpl mm from day 1...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 05:13:34 PM by wordslinger »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »
I just checked 2 engines in the "shop" and the one on my ride, and 0 play on all three! Maybe your var is moving. The crank should be rock solid. Its all pressed together, and the ONLY play is if the bearings/races are worn. Re-check yours slinger.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »
I just checked 2 engines in the "shop" and the one on my ride, and 0 play on all three! Maybe your var is moving. The crank should be rock solid. Its all pressed together, and the ONLY play is if the bearings/races are worn. Re-check yours slinger.

..i'm sure...i can move it in and out by holding onto the splined section of the shaft..have been able to since the first time i was in my cvt, when i installed the malossi...

mikrron

• at least outstanding !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »
the scooter is stationary till i buy all the parts so i can mount them and inspect/repair/clean the rest of the scooter. so i will check my crack shaft and clean the clutch then.
But i`m pretty sure it slides with the ax (2-3mm) and makes a tac sound. this is not normal. otherwise the engine runs great no noises! Wish i haven`t inspected it.
the oil was changed every ~2000km , not abused, it has 30km/h break in.

as wordslinger says (and hope he is right) i will check other scooters at scuter-centre too ..you never know....
it`s 4 stroke agility 2006

i will fit 72cc kit, fresh air filter, malossi belt and multivar 2000 probably with heavier rollers
next month!

thank you very much

mikrron

• at least outstanding !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »

i`ve inspected the fan side 1 minute ago to see better and the sliding is rather 1mm than 2-3mm. I`ve exagerated with 2-3mm earlier.
so if wordslinger is right i may hit 44.000k with no problem :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 07:38:36 PM »
i`ve inspected the fan side 1 minute ago to see better and the sliding is rather 1mm than 2-3mm. I`ve exagerated with 2-3mm earlier.
so if wordslinger is right i may hit 44.000k with no problem :)

..that's about what mine moves..1mm or so...

..anybody else wanna check their's??
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:43:07 PM by wordslinger »

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »
hello guys , bouth me and mikrron have a strange sound which it seems to come from fan ,do you have any ideea what could it be ?

strange sound from agility50
here is a video with my scoot ...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()