Author Topic: what main jet to match 80cc with the original 18.5mm carburator?  (Read 9218 times)

mrmoose35

• View Profile
im going to mont the naraku 80cc cylinder on my agility,,but with the original carb and head,,and intake 18.5mm,and stock muffler.
have any one did that yet and what size on mian jet did you use,im thinking of .95 to start with..
what can i expect in incresed performane?..
Please let me know about yours 80cc,, :D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: what main jet to match 80cc with the original 18.5mm carburator?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 08:57:17 PM »
.95 sounds close. Try the 95-100-105. Plug chops will tell. The stock head is generally not a good idea as you are compromising the extra cc's form the jug, but you will gain a few mph, and a little more pep. Your best bet is lighter rollers once you have the kit tuned. that will gain a little more across the board. Don't Run Lean... (they got me doing it now)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mrmoose35

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 09:07:58 PM »
well,,i cant find any cylinder head that fits the 80cc,,only to the 89-93cc there is a big valve head that fits to bay here in sweden from racing planet..naraku says that the original head shuld be used on the 80cc.
i thoght if the 125cc with 26mm carb has an original jet 1.04 the 80cc shuld be ok, with less,,
My bike is ´the city model..agility city..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »
I understand the kit set up, The stock head is designed to be reused because of the shape of the Naraku piston included in the kit. as for the jets I would still buy 3-4 sizes as you can never guess which one is right for your set up. With every thing else being stock a 90 just may be big enough but for the 3-4 $'s each it may well save your engine to have a few extra sizes. Later if you change out the air filter or pipe, you will be glad to have them. Post as you go w/ any questions. There are lots of AG owners here.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

customx22

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 10:35:02 AM »
hi 88 jet will be perfect i fit a agility just like your setup.

mrmoose35

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »
no one else who have the narraku 80cc on the bike?,,please let me know what size you have on the jet..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:18:17 PM »
no one else who have the narraku 80cc on the bike?,,please let me know what size you have on the jet..

..it's a good possibility that what someone else is running won't be what your scoot needs...

..plug chops will tell you, without a doubt, what jet will work for your setup....

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »
if you're planing on using the 80cc with a k&n filter or uni type filter,
from expirience......... you might want to start with a 110 jet, then see from there
weather to go up or down, depending on your scoot reaction to it.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »

...125cc with 26mm carb has an original jet 1.04 the 80cc shuld be ok, with less,,

....95 sounds close.

..wow.......

...how does everybody get by with running these small jet sizes, when my scoot neds a 1.015mm jet with just a K&N filter and "stock" exhaust....and that is hedging toward lean !?!....

mrmoose35

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »
well,,i mounted the 80cc,,with the naraku touring camshaft,,and intake riginal 139qmb 17mm ithink.
and the stock muffler,,i put in jet nr 0.95,,it ran bike ran as hell,fast and with amazing accelaration,,but
not quit smoth,it fellt like it run a bit lean,,så i then put in jet 100 .1mm..but theh it ean even worse,it did get to much fuel,,så then i put in jet, 0.90,,theh it ran a bit lean,but ok..so now i have orded a jet sized 0.94 ,and i have modified a intake from 16mm the origanal intake,,to exaktly the same size as the carb,, to 18.5mm ,,so il hope the .94 jet and the lilte bigger intake will make it run allmost perfekt...
i allso found a restriction on my agility city,,there is a extra pipe monted in the exaust in the start of the muffler,and it is hardend ,tryed to drill it out,,but the metal was to hard.
il hope il get the new jet 0.94 tomorow fre 30 of may..then il know

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 01:55:12 AM »
If you use a Cobalt drill you can remove the hardened steel like it is butter. Same goes for all cutting tools (that we would need) Colbalt bits are harder than Stainless, and will cut Anything on a scoot. They cost about double the standard bits (sometimes 3x) but they will outlast 9-10 times the life of even a carbide bit. The mm measurement of a carb is in the "throat". Some Manuf. sell the "inlet Dia. as the size of the carb. but the GOOD ones go by the I.D. of the narrowest part. It,s great to see you are close to a great running scoot. Most of us get thrown off by pre-mature judgments when tunning a scoot. Every part that is changed has to be compensated for in the other parts that make it a scoot. To really make a small engine perform is a balancing act in itself. Mrmoose, Glad to see you got the BUG. Now just start cutting your own jets, and you won't need the post as much.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 11:44:49 AM »
..awesome mrmoose...y' know, you can drill open one of your smaller jets to get the size yu want.....

..i have 3 jets, and i don't think i'll need to buy another anytime soon..

..if you go too large, just solder it closed and re-drill...

Slow Agility

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 02:38:11 AM »
well,,i mounted the 80cc,,with the naraku touring camshaft,,and intake riginal 139qmb 17mm ithink.
and the stock muffler,,i put in jet nr 0.95,,it ran bike ran as hell,fast and with amazing accelaration,,but
not quit smoth,it fellt like it run a bit lean,,så i then put in jet 100 .1mm..but theh it ean even worse,it did get to much fuel,,så then i put in jet, 0.90,,theh it ran a bit lean,but ok..so now i have orded a jet sized 0.94 ,and i have modified a intake from 16mm the origanal intake,,to exaktly the same size as the carb,, to 18.5mm ,,so il hope the .94 jet and the lilte bigger intake will make it run allmost perfekt...
i allso found a restriction on my agility city,,there is a extra pipe monted in the exaust in the start of the muffler,and it is hardend ,tryed to drill it out,,but the metal was to hard.
il hope il get the new jet 0.94 tomorow fre 30 of may..then il know

I'm pretty sure I'm running very close to your setup with the exception of a head with bigger valves, lmk how it goes, my 100 is too big so I'm hoping a 95 or 98 will put me close. Goodluck.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 02:45:49 AM »
...i'm running a 1.00 mm jet (100) on a 49cc stock engine and it's lean below 50 degreesF....

mrmoose35

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 08:24:43 PM »
i found a plug,(air stopper)in the airfilter box)looked like a tube with a ring inside who was small so air could not get in the airfilterbox,,when i remowed the f***ing thing,,il had to go up from .95 jet  to 1.10mm
maybee il have to go evan bigger jet,,,but what a diffrens in axx and top speed,im going over 70km,,and it fells it can go over 80-90km..il havent give it full trotle yetbecose the cylinder is new and i haven changed the cooling fan yet..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()