Author Topic: New to the scooter world, need some tips.  (Read 2531 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: New to the scooter world, need some tips.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 03:06:39 AM »
...i reckon it ain't different than everything out there...

..they made more than one of my scoots lot, i'm sure...

..i fancy that it's different just from what i've been able to glean from my vin numbers....

..and i've been obsessive with my oil changes and valve adjustments too...

..you must do plug chops, and listen to your engine/cvt to get your scoot in tune...

..my friends taught me that...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 03:13:35 AM »
...if you re-jet and your 4t "gurgles" and loses top end speed at the very fastest you can go, then you might be running a little lean...it'll rev high, but speed doesn't increase...maybe even thru acceleration if you're very lean...

..if it falls forward at the very fastest you can go, then you might be running a bit rich...your scoot will feel like it's gonna dump you over the handlebars...well, maybe not that drastic, but you'll see what i mean...

Slow Agility

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 03:14:51 AM »
I did plug chops but until I order new jets or find some tiny ass drill bits I'm stuck on a rich tune. I wasn't saying there was anything odly different about yours, I just remembered you stating before your engine had some extra letters in it and a slightly different carb. Like I said before I like yours alot, and if I would have kept mine at 49.5cc I probably would have rather had your engine.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:18:31 AM by Slow Agility »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 03:22:34 AM »
..hell, it might just be a pipe dream of mine that it's different...i do run larger jets...that's a fact...

..but the principle is the same... ;D

..do you have a welding supply shop anywhere in your area??

..you can get the torch cleaner drills or the little torch cleaning rasps there...

..my set goes down to fifteen thousandths inch...

..they're like 20 bucks...

..then you can get you a bit of solder, melt it into your jet, and drill it to whatever diameter you need...custom size your jets if you so desire....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 04:48:50 AM »
That is the first I have seen of that! 1 Kymco engine compared to another. To ME it is like a 1940 whatever / compared to a 1941! While I know the Kymco's are made all over Asia? I would hope they are all made from the same standard! Guess I am just retarded on this point, as I know they all have different "base's" The common denominator seems to be a belief in the "underdog"! Your experience will show the outcome Slow. Stick w/ the tuning, and keep posting. Plug Chops are the ONLY TRUE tell that I know.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()