Author Topic: 100 cc kit waiting for it  (Read 3545 times)

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
100 cc kit waiting for it
« on: April 27, 2010, 11:34:41 AM »
I've just ordered a kit of 100 cc from http://magazin.smartmotor.ro/index.php/Piese-de-schimb-pentru-scutere/Kituri-de-tuning/45-Kit-tuning-100cc.html . I don't know if you understand something from there beacouse it's in roumanian . I've read opinions from thouse who already mounted the kit  on diferit 139QMB engine scoot and they are very happy with it . This kit makes 80cc kit's look like 50 cc :)) .The good part is that you can use the stock head and carb (but when I find some more money I will buy a 20-21 mm carburaetor) . Good help us to be well :D

I hope I manage to mount it without damage the engine ...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:55:33 AM by sticlistul »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 100 cc kit waiting for it
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »
Well Sticlistul I do wish you luck. I hope you have a set of larger jets, or are willing to drill yours out. You will need extra fuel to go along w' the big kit. We are all here for you bro., so post if you need help!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 03:26:59 PM »
Thanx for suport , it's obvious that I need a new main jet ,the question it's about slow jet and needle screw ...I will see after I get the kit ... thats my only fear ,carb tuning ...
An other thing that I need is heavy  rollers ,I'm thinking at 8 or 11 gr , the 80 cc kits what weight are using?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 04:34:55 PM »
Will you have to bore out the case to accept the larger cylinder?  Will the stock head really allow enough flow through the valves to accommodate twice the displacement?  I'll be keeping my eye on this build!  Good luck!!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:10:45 PM »
I've just ordered a kit of 100 cc from http://magazin.smartmotor.ro/index.php/Piese-de-schimb-pentru-scutere/Kituri-de-tuning/45-Kit-tuning-100cc.html . I don't know if you understand something from there beacouse it's in roumanian . I've read opinions from thouse who already mounted the kit  on diferit 139QMB engine scoot and they are very happy with it . This kit makes 80cc kit's look like 50 cc :)) .The good part is that you can use the stock head and carb (but when I find some more money I will buy a 20-21 mm carburaetor) . Good help us to be well :D

I hope I manage to mount it without damage the engine ...

..wh-wh-wh-whaaat???

...wow...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 09:13:31 PM »
R.I.P. slinger, Stic, You MAY need a pilot jet. The stock head may prevent you from needing it tho. W/ the stock carb/head/exhaust you may get by fairly easily on this kit. A 4t is not that sensitive to air flow thru the cylinder. It takes HUGE changes in the valves to require the rest to need modification. My bet is if the jug fits, the rest will be a breeze.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »
R.I.P. slinger, Stic, You MAY need a pilot jet. The stock head may prevent you from needing it tho. W/ the stock carb/head/exhaust you may get by fairly easily on this kit. A 4t is not that sensitive to air flow thru the cylinder. It takes HUGE changes in the valves to require the rest to need modification. My bet is if the jug fits, the rest will be a breeze.

...NEVVERRRR!!!!...

...imma put my new carb in, (if it'll ever get here)..

..already working on the blown air mod again...

..i'm looking for 50 on the flats.....i think it'll do it...

..i'm gettin close to that now, if i get a good head of steam onto a flat, i can maintain the speed...

..then i'm heading back into the cvt with a new variator and belt...

..THEN, imma look at some pipes.......

..I wish you luck stic!!!...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:04:06 PM by wordslinger »

Dark13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:53:02 PM »
hey word have you thought of mounting a small fan to a filter then to the carb?

like this one

proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 11:30:03 PM »
Not too sure But i think the carb. at idle will move more air than the fan. The cooling fans on the kymco "stock" move enough to swell the shroud.

Dark13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 11:37:50 PM »
just a thought i had

but don't doubt that little fan its pretty strong and there are better ones on the market that are about the same size i just posted the pics as an example

i got that fan from work we used it to cool 12 reptile cages and it could drop the temp from 100 degrees to 80 in about 5 - 10 mins in each cage
proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 10:51:29 AM »
...not to be hi-jacking stics thread, but the fan, even if strong enough, would create a constant cfm of air flow...

..the cooling fan's cfm (cubic feet per minute) varies with the fan's speed....

..which works out, because i don't need as much air at idle as I would at WOT....

...good train of thought tho...

;D

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 10:39:32 AM »
I have a question what gear ratio kymco agility has ? 1:11.07  or 1:14 ?

I have an other ideea with thouse little fan , I'm thinking about cooling the engine with it ,beacouse this 100cc set will heating with at least 20 degrees celcius in plus

I've heard about an other problem with transmision, with that set the variator is overheating and literaly melt the belt after 70km of riding ( the man was having malosi x-kevlar belt ...not any ordinari washing machine belt)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 02:06:28 PM »
Type Two-stage reduction
Reduction rato... 1st 0.8-3.1
                       2nd 11.05

..gleaned from the A50 service manual...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 09:47:42 PM »
I would think the fella melting the belt simply had too short a belt to begin with. There is no way the kit could generate enough heat/torque to melt a belt. I wouldn't give it a second thought unless you ordered the same belt as him.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 12:03:53 AM »
...wonder where's stic....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()