Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 3591 times)

Agent Bob

• View Profile
New Guy
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:46:14 PM »
I've had my S200 since late February and luckily we had a few warm spells to put 200 mi. on it. I'm really pleased. I wasn't sure if it would power me up the back country roads which are hilly, but I was impressed  since it has less displacement than most lawn mowers. My intent was to just use it for warm summer rides in the country at no more than 50 mph, so looks like it will fill the bill.

Made an appointment for the first scheduled service next week to maintain the warranty. I'm assuming I can service it myself afterwards and the warranrty will be still valid. Is that true?

Me? I'm 67 and motorcycled for 27 years up until seven years ago when I thought I was getting too old for such stuff. That's what I told the young guy that delivered the scoot, and he said NEVER. How true!

Looking forward to sharing ideas and picking a few brains.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 02:11:00 AM »
Well a big warm welcome to you Agent Bob! There are more people in the same "phase" you described than I can post in one day! These little scoots sure do make the world a smaller place. I am the type that gets ALL wrapped up in anything I drive. I love scootin' because it gives me the chance to say I am just having fun... How did a 70cc Scoot; Just kick your but? Anyway, Get to know everything about yours. It can become the best tuned "lawnmower" in your city. Picture a 67 year old dude doing "wheelies" on a scoot~then doing 85-90 down the road! Don't pict. the Hospital bills tho. Just ride! For the maintenance... It's easy. The more old posts you look thru here,(and elsewhere) the better. My wish is more of the kids that work at scooter "dealers" will try to learn what they are doing.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:53:18 AM »
Have had my S 200 for about a month now and was out on it 7 or so times. Weather so far here in PA is not cooperating yet! I am 71 years of age, 6'1" and 245. It does everything I want it to do with my size around town and up big hills. Going past kids walking, I hear, "nice bike", along with my padded jacket, helmet w/shield, gloves etc. Not bad for an old guy. The S 200 (red) really is a good looking machine. only problem I find is for my wide shoulders, the mirrors that came with it just don't extend up and out far enough. I was told I wouldn't be sorry for purchasing this scooter and I certainly am not!
Lots of fun!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »
..props to Syl and Agent Bob...I just hope that i'm able to continue enjoying the world of scoots when I get up to you guys level of the tower...

..Rock On Gentlemen!!!!...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:52:30 PM »
Syl, Bike bandit has bar end mirrors that attach into the ends of the bars. You can see everything/ and they look real cool.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:19:57 PM »
Hey Syl! You from PA? Me too. I'm twixt Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. Yes it's a good looking scoot. Approaching from the front it looks like a sport bike. Have had a few waves from oncoming motorcyclists which supprised me. I guess they got faked out.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »
G'Day Agent Bob, not everyone needs to get faked out, yesterday on my way home from work I stopped at a garage and got waved by a bloke on a BMW tourer with a trailer and his missus was on a Harley. I was on my ZX50. It is good when people are friendly. It doesnt matter what you ride, just ride and enjoy it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:44:41 AM by sidthesloth »
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
..the old fake-out..lmao...

..i often ride in a sport bike posture...

..i love it when they realize they're fixin' to wave at a scooter and jerk their hand back....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:24:09 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 08:29:09 PM »
Am located 25 miles N.E. of Pittsburgh along the Alle3gheny River. Anytime out for a ride, a hill has to be taken on and have no problems whatsoever. Being new, I never feel secure when I put the stand down! Sorta like the old bike days when the kick stand wasn't up to par! Further, To put down the center stand, I really struggle with it I hate to admit. I may be just attacking it the wrong way. As for my mirrors, I like the ones that are on but just wished they made them with strong telescopic ability. I searched as advised but didn't find anything to my liking. Still going to visit a machinist to get a couple extenson rods made to fit. This PA weather so far has been terrible. I look forward to the week-ends and darn it it isn't raining, cold or extreme winds! By the way, nice meeting others with the S 200 on here. I haven't found any in this area yet.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 09:17:12 AM »
WordSlinger, I am new to scooting around but so far I found if I nod my head instead of waving I will get a same response from most bikers. If they don't respond than the heck with them if they can't take a joke!!!
Is the Kymco Peoples S 200 a popular Scooter anywhere or is it too new or what? Is there any difference in the 2009-vs-2010? I haven't seen hardly any scooters in my area. Wonder if that means anything!!

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 11:33:51 PM »
Syl: I'm surprised you have trouble with the centerstand. It must be your technique. I found you pretty much just have to stand on the center stand lever, and the scoot pops up by itself without lifting. Yes our weather sux!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 04:00:01 AM »
No Diisssss! I took off the C stand when I bought the scoot.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 09:17:17 AM »
Yes, thanks, it was my technique. Went back to dealer and had one show me how easy it is...duh me !! No, kick stand is ok, I just can't get used to trusting it if I am stating that correctly. Again, that's me also...again..duh me!!
If I am wrong or whatever...I admit it. Thanks to a good bunch of people on here....wished we scooters lived closer.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »
.wished we scooters lived closer.   Me toooo Bro!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()