Author Topic: Odometer accumalating kilometers instead of miles  (Read 2229 times)

Lammy1000

• View Profile
Odometer accumalating kilometers instead of miles
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »
People 150 is accumalating kilometers instead of miles on the odometer.  I am not sure if the speed indicator is correct, but I believe it is.  Anyone know which part, such as a speedometer cable needs replacement or does the whole display need replacement?  Thanks.

Lammy1000

• View Profile
Re: Odometer accumalating kilometers instead of miles
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 05:44:24 PM »
The displat indicates kilometers, so I will simply convert to miles as needed 8)

Originally thought the display was labeled in miles, but kilos were being accumalated.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:33:02 PM »
Hey, Lammy.  I don't know if your scooter instruments are anything like my Xciting 500 but with mine, it can be switched to either miles or kilometers by pushing a "mode" button on the side of the instruments.  After I've had the battery disconnected, it always goes back to kilometers and I have to switch it again. 

Lammy1000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:10:10 PM »
hmmm, I can't wait to check this out.  Thanks for the tip.

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 01:53:30 AM »
I don't know if your new 150 is the same as my '05 150, but I have an analogue odometer that reads in kilometers.  My speedometer is optimistic.  I have not checked it with a gps but when I ride by a permanent radar at a nearby school, it clocks me at 29 mph when my speedometer says I am going 35 mph.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()