Author Topic: Buying Sliders?  (Read 2086 times)

Calothrix

• View Profile
Buying Sliders?
« on: May 06, 2010, 03:54:02 AM »
If you are looking to get some Dr. Pulley sliders (or other scooter stuff for that matter), you might want to check out this seller on Ebay: autotech355
This dude (his name is Carlos, believe it or not!) is out of Taiwan.  I purchased my sliders recently from him for $25.00 (free shipping!) and they arrived in only 8 days.  He has a good selection of sizes and weights and many of the smaller ones are also only $25.00 with free shipping.  He also has an assortment of other scooter stuff: however, I have no idea if it is quality stuff or if the prices are reasonable.  Might be worth checking out though.  Happy shopping!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Sliders?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 04:06:44 AM »
G'Day Calothrix, I have dealt with Carlos, I bought a cylinder kit from him which is questionable quality, the carb and exhaust were good, his prices are good and he does communicate if you have a problem. I guess what I am saying is beware what you are buying, some may be good and some may not be. With regards with the cylinder kit We have got it going with a lot of help from Shaka and zombie, without these two blokes helping me I would have been lost long ago.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:51:21 AM »
autotech355   I knew it was familiar!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 02:34:41 AM »
G'Day Calothrix, I have dealt with Carlos, I bought a cylinder kit from him which is questionable quality, the carb and exhaust were good, his prices are good and he does communicate if you have a problem. I guess what I am saying is beware what you are buying, some may be good and some may not be. With regards with the cylinder kit We have got it going with a lot of help from Shaka and zombie, without these two blokes helping me I would have been lost long ago.

Yo, Sid........yeah I've been following your thread with much anticipation.......I say before you hit page 34, you're gonna have that ZX screamin'.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 03:40:40 AM »
autotech355   I knew it was familiar!

..does he have 4t stuff?...wait.......nevermind...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 04:06:55 AM »
It's funny you say that Calo. (Just gotta nickname) I just figured out what sid's problem is (as far as the scoot is concerned)... Sid! Pm me!!! When you seee what I see you will be popin' wheelies.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 04:17:28 AM »
It's funny you say that Calo. (Just gotta nickname) I just figured out what sid's problem is (as far as the scoot is concerned)... Sid! Pm me!!! When you seee what I see you will be popin' wheelies.

I wanna know!!!!!  I'm going with the combustion chamber is too small, thus creating too high of a Compression Ratio resulting in detonation!!!!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 05:24:42 AM »
I am intrigued, unfortunatly I am about to go to work, will pm as soon as I get home and fireup the computer. I havdnt cut the spacer  yet, got sidetracked, tomorrow it will be done.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 05:43:17 AM »
 I'm going with the combustion chamber is too small, thus creating too high of a Compression Ratio resulting in detonation!!!!   The F" up bit is something that I  have to say on pm"s! A VERY close review of this thread will show the solution. Your CR is ttooo hi! See you guys in the morning! Just a guess for anyone following would be that sid's CR is over 13.5 w/ a squish of .8mm. That is just an uneducated guess! How do you like it now Jpress? Bet I got your intrest up! The final solution to Sidthesloth's 65mph ZX/Superfever. By tomorrow Sid you will be cruising at 51-54. Tops at 60ish. Wait till you get gears!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 05:51:10 AM »
60, wait till I get gears? frame stiffener first. when I took the head gasket out she went like a shower of sh**, just detonation. my enthusiasm is starting to return, woo~hoo.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 06:17:47 AM »
Foward my Email to Shaka!   Boom Boom Chicka Dow wow~

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()