Author Topic: hello im new to kymco  (Read 19854 times)

mudfreek

• View Profile
Re: hello im new to kymco
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 12:08:09 PM »
on the roller weights do i weigh them individualy or all to gether
ehh brakes are for sissies

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »
you weigh them individually to find out. i just popped one on a set of scales and whala.  when you purchase them, they go by the weight of one in a set
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2010, 03:07:02 AM »
My first set I brought 1 to the post office. Its right across the street.   (Had him weigh it for me)  The only scale I had then had the gator clip, and pointers.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2010, 03:12:14 AM »
gator clip, and pointers.

..just had to go there didn' y'....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »
ok so i pulled my cvt cover off and it was greezy as heck and my clutch bell kinda wobbles  a lil bit as if its a lil warped my clutch pads were glazed  any clue as to where the gunk is coming from or is that normal for a 2 stroke my roller weights are a black in color and the variator sleeve doesnt have the stop ring as far as the clutch springs they are yellow as well as the spring that pushes the clutch pulleys together

art

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 11:09:15 PM »
Hey all I had a zx for a bit,tranny same as the people 50 think i ran the 7.0 weights new belt got to about 47mph.Black dust commin from the belt/clutch wear.If you don't know this motor is based on the honda dio LOTS OH MODS.125 cc stroker!Somone bought It before I got to play.Don't think you can go with the color codes from stock kymco all mine were yellow now running white. 
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2010, 03:51:27 AM »
I dont like bursting bubbles Mud, I would replace the clutch. A wobble will stress the shaft to the point of fatigue. Re-check to be sure it is the bell, and not the shaft. Also check your gear oil. You will get loads of dust in the cvt but it shouldn't be "greasy" A can of Carb Clean/Brake Clean will get it all out for you. I would run it for a few days, and open it back up to check the transmission seal. (behind the clutch). Also there is no way to tell who's springs those are. Art is right about the 125 stroker. That was my first option for this scoot. The Dio stroker kit is awesome on a dio tho, and kind of a death trap on the flimsy zx frame. I settled for 60+mph vs 80mph
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2010, 04:18:00 AM »
Hey zombie I would have thought the opposite I have a real dio from canada (2001)Just couldn't get past the pinner 10 inch tires.Mind you I can wheely the thing tap the brake and hammer it stock 16000km runs like new brakes are lacking(drum)I thought  the zx bigger tires disc front and frame not bad would be a good start just didn't have it long  enough.Got the kymco,dio still sits.Once again (old decrepid guy)couldnt imagine going that fast on the dio gets squirly in a panic  situation.Of course it could all be changed.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2010, 04:33:34 AM »
I agree w/ you ! The Dio 125, is really a track scoot. I wouldn't want to ride it on the street. The zx frame has soooo much flex in it that I don't think it could ever compete w/ a race dio. The corners alone are hell. I can feel the bars deflect under any kind of load. I tend to do Most of my braking into a corner w/ the front to preload the shocks for a quick exit, and it feels like a smaller scoot by the time I open the throttle. I have been wanting to build a brace for quite some time, and just haven't gotten to it.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2010, 04:48:35 AM »
Funny The one I had went under a dump truck,bent the hell out of the handlebars and frame I bought it for the motor for a couple hundred.The more I looked at it figured I could straighten it and did with a guset right at the crook in the frame seemed great didn't get factory out of it but damn close just fit minus a shave of plastic.Was going to build but someone came by to look at a honda elite 80 I had for sale and made the mistake of letting them compare rides(no contest)triple my money and started building the kymco people ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2010, 04:52:40 AM »
That's just what I mean. The frame bends real easy, so you can see the flex issue

art

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2010, 05:01:19 AM »
Ya didn't look into it to much zx just had better tires,brakes and suspention stock.I bottem the dio over speed bumbs.not that i'm light but no issues with the zx.sold on the people now ;D

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2010, 09:32:57 PM »
well i put another clutch bell and clutch pads on the scoot the bell dont wobble anymore but i get this nasty chinging sound and a nasty  vibration but i had that b4 it smooths out after i get it at higher rpms though but it has  always vibrated
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:35:40 PM by mudfreek »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2010, 05:15:42 AM »
Have you put in a belt?

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
yes new belt  what kinda lube can i use for the kicker and roller weights

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()