Author Topic: hello im new to kymco  (Read 19855 times)

mudfreek

• View Profile
Re: hello im new to kymco
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »
now is it only after u derestrict it  or even when u leave em be
ehh brakes are for sissies

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2010, 01:04:28 PM »
Start up up new thread please so I can follow this better. It's taken me a little longer to find this since its in the new member thread. This is kinda the same issue I'm having and a am VERY INTERESTED in following it.

THANKS !
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
MY APPOLOGIES MUDFREEK !!!!!!
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2010, 10:42:54 PM »
MY APPOLOGIES MUDFREEK !!!!!

AS I started to read YOUR/this thread again, I found it's NOT for NEW MEMBERS but your thread you started for YOUR SCOOT !!!  

I feel like an A** now!

SO SORRY MUDFREEK ! 

By the way MUDFREEK, thanks for the iced CDI idea ! and hows your scoot running now?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:51:45 PM by robmsz »
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2010, 02:19:29 AM »
now is it only after u derestrict it  or even when u leave em be

I'd like to know the answer to that also.

Is running the CDI DE-restricted any harder on a CDI than a restricted one ?
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2010, 03:16:11 AM »
well rob im waiting on new parts to come in and ill let u know as soon as i put em on  did the ice work 4 u ?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »
I am not sure but i think zombie said that derestricting the cdi by bridging the two green wires is actually shorting the rev limiter.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »
well rob im waiting on new parts to come in and ill let u know as soon as i put em on  did the ice work 4 u ?

Well yes and no.

It wouldn't start @ all with it frozen but when it thawed out again it seemed like it worked again but not as good as before. I'd rather have it fail HERE than out on the road.

In my other post I went through the testing of my other electrical parts & I know for sure my rectifier is bad. SHAKA mentioned that he had the same type of problem as mine and replacing both the 2 resistors & the rectifier solved it. I figure I might as well replace both also because I've already got it apart & it's not very expensive. I'll check prices down @ the local KYMOCO dealer Monday.

If I do get it running (Murphy's Law apply's here !) Monday w/o having to buy a CDI (cross my fingers) I'll order one from SUTAI.

I may even see if I can get ALL my electrical parts there if my local KYMCO stealership prices are outrageous.

So I guess it is a bit rougher on the CDI if it's essentially shorting it out then.

Thank You for the reply.
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
ok so i put the new cdi in and solved the running issue still got  starting issue but i had to back off the mix screw almost all the way out any ideas b4 i just had to do 1 1/4 turns and she ran good elec start hard but kick usualy on the 1st time i also did a comp test and im running about 100psi  and i had to unplug the auto inricher
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:37:58 PM by mudfreek »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »
I'd like to know the answer to that also.

Is running the CDI DE-restricted any harder on a CDI than a restricted one ?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2010, 10:08:20 PM »
Sorry for the delay guys. Suitai's service rep (R&D) explained to me that when you short the wires to de-restrict you are in essence drawing more current thru the unit. There is a 10% margin built into the cdi, and that is why some last, and others dont. Also Higher reving engines will create more heat in the cdi, and a "race engine" will not finish more than a few laps w/ a shorted cdi. . Mud, It sounds like you have a simple clogged pilot jet. Use a sewing needle to clear it out, and be sure to remove ALL the parts from the body. That wat you won't miss anything. Rob, The reg. cdi, and ballast resistor are about $120.00 shipped. Yours does' sound like you will get it w/ the new cdi. The reg. can short drawing all the voltage out of the stator. Even tho the reg side is isolated from the Ign side, voltage spikes can do strange things to the running of the scoot.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »
witch one is the pilot jet ?
ive figured out where the main jet is and in the service manual it only shows main jet and slow jet

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2010, 11:03:48 PM »
The slow jet is the pilot. It is TINY, So imagine what could clog it. EVERYTHING.

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »
ok thanks do i need to take the bowl off to clean it or can i just poke it wile its on the bike

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »
..youi'll have to remove the bowl to be sure...

:-\
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2010, 11:37:55 PM »
You really have to take it all apart. Someone suggested guitar string to clean the jets, and I use sewing needles. Either way the parts are TINY, and you have to just about use a magnifying lens to be sure it is all clean. Even the carb body has to be clean, and clear.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()