Author Topic: Quickaction twistgrip  (Read 1183 times)

marioG

• View Profile
Quickaction twistgrip
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:21:38 PM »
Got a big problem with twistgrip travel..... :-\

Its too long. Sometimes I brake at half power.

Do anyone have any solution? Any?
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Quickaction twistgrip
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 10:08:48 PM »
...are you saying that the twist does not return quickly??

..if so, then maybe you should lubricate the throttle cable..both at the twist-grip, and the throttle mechanism on your carburetor...

...there should be a rubber boot at the point where your throttle cable enters the sheathe, at the twist, and at the carb...

..pull the boots back, and shoot some spray lubricant into the sheathing, while working the twist...

..load it up really well, because at this point, more is better...clean up the excess after it's all fixed...

..use a lube that leaves a lubricating film behind, not just a "penetrating fluid"...

..i use SPX-50, which i get where i work...it's not commercially available, but there's such products on the market that work just as well...

..also might want to inspect the cable, if lubrication doesn't work...

..look for any kinks or bare areas in the sheath that might have allowed the introduction of moisture into your throttle cable...

..if you find a bad area, then just flood it with the same lube...working the twist to get everything freed-up, then dry the sheathe well...tape the sheathe well and secure it all in a fashion that will eliminate the possibility of future wear...

peace
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:11:20 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

marioG

• View Profile
Re: Quickaction twistgrip
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:49:43 AM »
Tnx wordslinger, gonna try this...

But travel of twisting is too long, from none to full throttle....

something like this could help http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/62090000/Cable+roll+quickaction.aspx

FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()