Author Topic: Thought's and ideas  (Read 2678 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Thought's and ideas
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:07:20 AM »
The more I ride my scooter....the more fun I have! At first it was making sure or at least doing all safe, logical things in riding. Now getting used to the particulars, I am enjoying going around seeing places and people I normally don't stop and talk to and places I like to see. I have been taking over my wife's garage though and that is the bad part! I have to get out of there and find a new scooter parking area! I like keeping things clean etc. and so with my scooter. Blackening the tires is not over-looked. I do that with a clear shine spray can. My dealer remarked about this and told me to be careful not to get the spray beyond the sideway ridge which rides the road on turns and curves...why, makes the tire smooth and possible not gripping. I'll heed that...never gave that a thought. Another thought, I have a scorpion ex0-100 helmet and got tired of the buckle system. I have taken off the 2 chrome rings and installed a quick release...what a differnece. The rings were such a pain in the ......

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
Re: Thought's and ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »
Where you from Syl?  I just got my scoot recently too, and i love riding it.

The chin strap on my z1r fullface helmet was weird to me at first but after a while it was pretty simple to work.  Wasn't a buckle though, its got 2 rings and a strap, not sure what its called.   

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:46:05 PM »
Glad you're enjoying your scoot Syl. It's gonna be a hot one tomorrow so just another reason to get out and cool off.
Tell your wife that if she REALLY, REALLY loved you she'd park outside. LOL

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »
..Awesome, Syl!!!

..scoot on dude!!!

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »
I am located 23 miles N.E. of Pittsburgh, PA along the Allegheny River. Not city like here but enjoyabble to scoot around. Was curious as to what speed do some of you feel comfortable with running along a highway with the 200? I guess I should ask what is a safe crusing speed on some highways?
Wife wants me out of the garage! Build a shed or something! I have all summer ro decide! I inquired about what it would cost for an oil change...was told almost $70.00 and I almost..well. I was curiuos but purchased my own oil and will do it myself. Talk about a potential rip off huh.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 10:45:06 PM »
...syl, you will want to do all your routine maintenance yourself...

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 11:22:04 PM »
Syl, the speed I like travel on the back roads is 35mph more or less so I can just look around at the scenery and smell the cows. On a two lane highway it's no more than fifty for me. Speed requires too much attention to really enjoy the ride, but I'm retired and have no place special to go to anyway, so I take my time.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 11:29:30 PM »
smell the cows.

...umm ok...lol..hopefully you don't stop to smell th' cows... ;D

..just messin' with y' bob...

..sometimes i like to flip up my backrest, and just kick back and cruise around on th' country roads..

..it's refreshing......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 03:01:05 AM »
I put my fore arms on the grips, and try to catch a few ZZZZ'SSSssss on the ride. TRUE!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »
Thanks for the speed response. Today I pushe a bit just to check it out and 45 to me will be max. I went up to 50 just for a short bit and it seemed like I was possible asking for trouble on this scooter at that speed. Maybe a dumb question but say if I had a bigger scooter say 250 or more, would the 50 mile per hour be less chancey? My thoughts of course go to the size of the wheels on the more powerful scooters. I am convinced to stay with the larger wheels, any comments? Today I cleaned up the scooter for the first time...used the Honda Pro Cleaner/Polish (Spray Can), I found it to be very good. The Carnuba Wax in it is a must for Polish....would you believe Carnuba is found in Good and Plenty Candy! What it means with that in it, the polish won't oxidize in the paint...I was told that by a reputable paint company years ago. Back to the Peoples 200 speed, I find it difficult to believe some of the comments on here where as people ar traveling 60 to 65 mph on this scooter. Like you mentioned, there is no comfort in riding that fast and further don't feel thee scooters are meant to do that.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 10:47:46 PM »
...how you ride is all a matter of personal preference...

..ride at speeds you are comfortable with, and enjoy...

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 11:06:32 PM »
Are the Peoples S 250, 2010 on the market yet? Sounds like this would have been the way to go??

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »
  I've got the Yager and she's is stable up to 60mph and will go up to 70mph but I prefer to ride her at 55mph when on the highway and try not to pass 7000rpm, redline happens at 8 grand. I would ride where you are most comfortable at the speeds which suit you and your ability best. ;) Be safe out there.
-Keith-

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »
The major difference between the larger scoots, and the 50cc's is the frame. the material is stronger, there are more gussets, and it is overall stronger. The 50's are made to be a run to the store type scoot, and the 150's+ are made to be road worthy. Just a basic idea! Tire size is the most important aspect in handling. While not wanting to get all engineering  type here... A 10" tire going 50mph is turning x=rpm's   A 10' tire going 50mph is turning less than x. So stability of the tire is = to the rpm's it is turning. I understand the risk of passing the safe handling limits of any given tire size, and attempt to compensate for the negative handling w/ all the years of experience I have riding. A perfect example is 4 of the exact same scoots w/ 4 different riders. One rider will always come out on top no matter which scoot he rides. The handling of the tire size is 1 factor, and the other is the strength of the frame. That is the limiting factor on tuning my 50cc. I could easily add another 5-6hp, and 10mph top end speed, but even if I brace the frame there is not enough margin for safety. Sooooo For now I enjoy just knowing my scoot is as fast as it can safely be, and I ride it in that fashion. Now just so I don't sound like a callous jacka$$ tearing about... I live in a very sparsely populated area. Our roads are primarily flat, and straight. If I lived anywhere else my riding style would be GREATLY modified. I might even give up the 50cc for a 400cc enduro type motorcycle. Then it starts all over again. 125mph 400cc.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 03:21:06 AM »
The major difference between the larger scoots, and the 50cc's is the frame. the material is stronger, there are more gussets, and it is overall stronger. The 50's are made to be a run to the store type scoot, and the 150's+ are made to be road worthy. Just a basic idea! Tire size is the most important aspect in handling. While not wanting to get all engineering  type here... A 10" tire going 50mph is turning x=rpm's   A 10' tire going 50mph is turning less than x. So stability of the tire is = to the rpm's it is turning. I understand the risk of passing the safe handling limits of any given tire size, and attempt to compensate for the negative handling w/ all the years of experience I have riding. A perfect example is 4 of the exact same scoots w/ 4 different riders. One rider will always come out on top no matter which scoot he rides. The handling of the tire size is 1 factor, and the other is the strength of the frame. That is the limiting factor on tuning my 50cc. I could easily add another 5-6hp, and 10mph top end speed, but even if I brace the frame there is not enough margin for safety. Sooooo For now I enjoy just knowing my scoot is as fast as it can safely be, and I ride it in that fashion. Now just so I don't sound like a callous jacka$$ tearing about... I live in a very sparsely populated area. Our roads are primarily flat, and straight. If I lived anywhere else my riding style would be GREATLY modified. I might even give up the 50cc for a 400cc enduro type motorcycle. Then it starts all over again. 125mph 400cc.
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
-Keith-

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()