Author Topic: MY ZX50 O.E.M CARB TUNING  (Read 51786 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: MY ZX50 O.E.M CARB TUNING
« Reply #375 on: September 13, 2010, 01:41:44 AM »
Sure sounds like an air leak.  could it be something going bad in the carb like a gasket or diaphram?  I'd also suspect the cylinder base gasket among the things you're already suspecting.  Hard to catch a leak in the act unless lucky.  Need leakdown tester, best.  Yeah, try rubbing or spraying thick oil or something like an aerosol light grease on suspected sights.  Check while kicking and/or running and/or right after shut off. 

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 13, 2010, 07:08:33 PM »
i dont know either...i am so dam ready to hit this fkr mutiple times with a hammer its unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......runs like sh** but she runs..even my neighbor could tell a difference in the sound!!!...oh yeah, motul 800 oil will grime up a pipe quickly and harshly!!!.. when i first start her up and take off: THAT'S THE BEST SHE'LL RUN THE WHOLE DAY, goes downhill from there...anyway...how long can i idle her w/o shroud on??? guess i need her hot as hell to see if a leak with head/base gasket again.......i am soooooo losing interest in these scooters, cuz i am always stumped...going back to wondering if a brand new 150cc shoulda been bought...$1300 in this total and runs like ass...can by a brand fkn new 150 for 599......................,.........
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 13, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »
oh yeah, evidently NOBODY has ever heard of DOWN jetting....asked around town after noone hear heard of it either...i must be totally whacked out then i guess..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 13, 2010, 07:21:19 PM »
Nah, dont give up now, you will get it sorted out, just gotta stick with it.
With mine, they wanted $1600, I knocked him down to $1300, I offered 1200, but he didnt like that, grumpy salesman.  Have you checked vacuum lines?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 13, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »
hey sid..well i only have the one vaccum line.. seems to be good...of course didnt have any vaccum with my new petcock the day i installed it............lmao, sid thats from labor, parts, mods, NOT the scooter. all that money and im still stock cyl. and runnin like ass(to me)... :'( :'(
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 13, 2010, 08:20:02 PM »
Yeah, sorry, I didnt think about that, short of going eor the crank seals you might need to go over all your gaskets. Are you still running you ported reed cage? That wouldnt be cracked would it?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2010, 04:20:41 PM »
Hey batman, did you get pm?

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 14, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »
well fellas, i am being blessed today...got everything back together last night.. with the modified oem exhaust pipe...went on a chop, a darker brown mix ring!. ;D ;D ;D  came back home, installed ported reed cage and i ported my intake(to match gaskets), went on chop #2, still have a darker brown mix ring(did lighten up this time 1 shade). so that means i am on the ritcher side of things correct??? which is a good thing, correct???. or should i downjet a tad???..my mix screw is still set at 1 turn out.......now, this may be for art since he has done the shim... :D  should i go ahead and put a shim back in my needle?????..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 14, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »
With your ported reed cage it is a shade lighter, indicates that you are getting a better air flow. Hooray, you are back on track, a little rich is good, how does it run? If it runs well leave the jet until you get your ex. back. I knock off in a couple hours and will try to do that carb test then. Congrats mate, you finally got a win.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 14, 2010, 09:29:53 PM »
thanks sid... I DID GET A WIN TODAY!!.....WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!..... ;D  ;D  ::)    even if i am the ritcher side of things, i feel so much better now, wish i had some rollers tho. :D  ;)   thinking some 5.5 or some 5s......supposeldly i have 5.1s on the way from malossi, which sux ass btw.......               man, sid i do wish i knew if a 19mm would be overkill or not on my current setup,......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 14, 2010, 09:31:48 PM »
..batdude...what was it you were talking about with the jets on that other thread..

..I'M HERE!!!

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 14, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »
I reckon you would get away with a 19mm carb, just need to jet to suit.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 14, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
hey sid, word..... well remember sid, i am still with the STOCK cyl. thats why i was wondering if overkill w/a 19. could give me PLENTY of room, you'd think. :D....                                  hey word, yeah you had mentioned there about going up in jets when cooler weather.... here, the temp/humidity has dropped around 15-17 degrees... but today i had a win with her..i am 2 jets bigger right now(vs 2-3 weeks ago) and i have a darker brown ring WITH the modded oem pipe(rs getting welded).  soooooo maybe you WERE on to something over there. :D :D     she may be slower, im used to a leaner plug not a ritcher one, I SURE HOPE NOT.. pretty dam sure she likes a lean condition, always had good top,even you said leaner runs better........ is the mix screw still good at 1 out????????...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 14, 2010, 10:49:11 PM »
..all scoots "like" a slightly lean condition...it is faster...

..but too lean is a disaster...at it's worst, and you don't want to burn a piston...

..until you really get a feel for it i always say..

...DON'T RUN LEAN!!!...LOL..

..a really rich condition will cause your scoot to lose power at WOT..it'll feel like it's "falling forward"

..a really lean condition will cause excessive rpms  at WOT and may sound "airy" or weak...

..at your fastest speed..running flat-out..if your scoot seems to sound more quiet, then you've probably got it a bit too lean...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:58:22 PM by wordslinger »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 14, 2010, 10:51:38 PM »
..again, i'm really speaking about 4ts..it's where i have mymost experience chopping..

..but i do know that plug chops are much more responsive and easier to read on a 2t...

..dunno why that might be, other than the oil mix...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:56:07 PM by wordslinger »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()