Author Topic: MY ZX50 O.E.M CARB TUNING  (Read 51779 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MY ZX50 O.E.M CARB TUNING
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2010, 04:30:17 AM »
What's shaking shaka? Bat ... After re-reading I think I posted the wrong #'s but the idea is the same... Keep going up a bit!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
whaaaaaat up this a.m. ?  nobody in  here i am sure. yeah shaka, this was a 90 jet... my microbit size, the .838mm is bigger than the oem hole, 2 drillbits bigger.  i cant go big then come down, only jet i have..lmao. i am going to go up another drill size today and test it. since idk the sizes, its hard to tell how big the hole is compared to real jets.. hope you all are around later... thanks guys...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 01:24:38 PM »
well boys, its official...again.. I AM LOST. just pulled out a BRAND NEW NGK R plug, looked inside.. to my amazement, there is a grayish ring around it, all 3 plugs.. SOOOO, evidently my mix ring isnt the same as yours...no wonder the color never changes, WHATS THE "MIX RING"??..ie: bout 2mm UP ON the ceramic portion, correct?!?! did redrill jet tho, (.914mm bit)seems a touch better, she is louder than before, neighbors noticed it also, just now omw to store... so, should i just put oem jet an filter back on, especially since i cant find the ring??????????????      DAAAAAAAAAAMITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:05 PM »
Stay with the bigger jet for a day or 2 should get some color on it by then to get a true read,you may still need to go bigger.If .914mm is a true mesure i think you want to be around .950
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »
tis i... just did a chop with redrilled jet(.914mm).. she runs good, can tell a bit better, louder now... idk y unless just combo of air filter, rejetting. my base of the plug was actually goldish instead of the silver base/box a bit different. anyway, i actually got some tan/brownish color JUST BELOW the grayish ring i spoke of(new plugs too). seems just under that going down thru to the metal base, the rest of ceramic is white, even the curved part is not creamy, almost unchanged there... sooooo surely i am almost there if not there!!  pray that i am..lmao!!    hey art, my next size up is a .038in/.965mm.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2010, 03:52:30 PM »
Ha!That might be It?How many stock jets you have,can't hurt to try,better to be a little rich than too lean,I have a hell of a time reading new plugs.I like shaka's method go rich(do no damage) than come down.When you hit the sweet spot you"ll know.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »
man, that would be nice..lmao.. would need to chwnge cvt yet again if correct.... thats the funny part, i only have the one jet(+ my oem 1). so i was leary of boring it out too far. i did get a possible connection on sum jets tho last evening somewhere on ebay. hope i can find him..lmao   does anybody else pay attention to your pipe sounds?????    i do and i could actually hear the"overdrive" again, am i wrong to listen to my pipe?
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
Tuning by ear old school not always perfect but that was the only way,when i was a kid.I don't think you'll need that stock jet anymore.The weights I ran before big bore were 6.5

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2010, 06:02:09 PM »
yeah, i sure hope i dont need it anymore.. then i can try to drill it out..lmao.  i went with 7.5, 7s took away top end. seems the stall is gone now, either need 7s or stiffer fly springs
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »
The 6.5 worked great with mine the 7 with white spring and now with the larger tires 8 It's kinda confusing,but if you have the 6.5 it may get your top back,I know it sounds backwords but it works.I'm stuck right now for optmum I think I need 8.10 or 8.25 8.5 robs my low and mid,or stiffer spring.No scale yet!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2010, 10:00:13 PM »
i gotta make sure about the jet before i redo cvt again.dam..lmao, just starting getting that part down..whew  yeah, 6.5 does sound backwards to me.. i tried 6s one time(when first started),she revved like crazy an went like 15-20mph. that was WAY OFF. wanted to go ride a bit to test her again but rain is almost here!  i can hear the pipe, she dont strain as bad today either and still hit the "overdrive". YAY!!!   LMAO
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2010, 10:20:23 PM »
Ya thats what the 7's did with my tire change maybe heavier afterall.I went from 8.5  stock to 6.5 with the pipe and pod and got gains at both ends,they came with the next r.Sound like your damn close

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2010, 12:12:55 AM »
If you go too far batman, you can melt solder into the jet, and drill it again. One size does fit all.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2010, 12:49:33 AM »
well zombie., if i did that, how do you know the hole is straight again? it just happen?  will you check my posts today and see if you happen to agree with art about being close??   how do you REALLY know when it is good and stop?? 
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2010, 12:52:56 AM »
I read thru, and you guys are on the right track. If you heat the jet enough the solder will flow perfectly, and it is softer, so easier to cut thru again, It will cut straight all by itself

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()