wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
BP
« on: May 30, 2010, 02:17:36 AM »
...their "Top Kill" method failed...

..look out Z!!

..black beaches are a'coming....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: BP
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 02:38:03 AM »
So far we have gotten lucky. You can smell fuel at the beach, and a few suspect "lumps" have been found, but soooo far Lucky
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 02:52:59 AM »
There was a huge protest yesterday at a BP gas station in the city.

http://gothamist.com/2010/05/29/bp_protest.php

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 02:54:59 AM »
...dang.....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 03:01:34 AM »
As there should be. This disaster should have been planned for or the tower should have never been built. There is oil all over the lower Keys, and they are trying to keep it quite for now as there is soo much invested in keeping the coral reef system there alive, no one wants to speculate on the outcome. My guess is the Keys are going the be the next Love Canal.  http://www.epa.gov/history/topics/lovecanal/01.htm
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 03:03:42 AM »
...yeah, and they were so proud of this "World Record Setting Platform"...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 03:18:41 AM »
...they're failing helplessly..

..the next attempt to stop the flow will initially increase it's output by at least 20%...

OLDRIDER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »
I am from the Panhandle Area and as of now our beaches are as pristine as ever. The water is blue and clear and the temp is 82 degrees. Again, as of today the oil is not headed our way but one cannot but help feel overwhelmed for those that are affected by the spill. I was never against off shore drilling until this happened but I am now.

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »
Apparently off shore drilling can be done safely, but it looks like they got greedy and sloppy in their work and the feds were in bed with them.  Someone needs to go to jail for a long time and not just one ether, this was a cooperative failure.  I now have concern that although it can be done safely it will be human nature to get sloppy and in spite of what can be done it will not be done properly, too much old fashioned greed.  I have never been a save the planet type, but I am now waking up and seeing the light.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 10:04:22 PM »
I have never been a save the planet type, but I am now waking up and seeing the light.

You don't really have to be to hate this.

For 30 years, big business has spent billions of dollars convincing not just Congress, but the American people that regulation of all business is a Bad Thing.

Well, guess what?  Just how only a government can effectively defend against armed attacks on its people, only a government can effectively defend its people from greedy bastards who only care about the short-term money.

BP took shortcuts to save a few million dollars with this wellhead. In a just world, BP would be forced to liquidate to cover everyone's losses -- and I'm talking all the coastal communities whose economies will be wrecked for decades, 'cause we're talking about thousands of jobs gone for the foreseeable future in fishing, tourism, etc.

Fining them 10x what they were trying to save is not gonna cover the bill, here.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 02:59:47 AM »
Well guess who showed up in Carrabelle... BP They are going to ALL the workers that depend on the gulf for a living, and IF you can show them you have been actively working in a gulf related business for the prior year, (tax records ect) they are giving $5'000.00 to compensate for any "INCONVENIENCE" their spill has /will cause. Every CRACK HEAD w/ a boat, or that swept the Motel parking lot is lining up like it's a soup kitchen. The Catch is you have to sign a release that states you will NOT take part in any civil/criminal suit either on your own behalf, or class action. I repair boats for a living, and do qualify for their wonderful public relations offer. I'm just wondering what the price of a soul is... Ps. Our "Mayor" accepted $140.000.00 from them to promote tourism in Carrabelle. There goes the Fu<king neighborhood!!!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 03:49:51 AM »
That's a sad situation zombie, who would sell out at the first show? They certainly have some cheek doing that, but then, that's big business, trying to cover their arse. No concern for anyone else. Maybe your mayor should be standing up and saying no way, that just don't cut it.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 06:17:54 AM »
Well guess who showed up in Carrabelle...

...go*damn, z....

..it was just a matter of time...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:34:15 PM by wordslinger »

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 08:37:58 AM »
You have to be kidding me Zombie. They should cut the s#$t and spend there time repairing that mile deep hole. It's sad how money controls everything.  :-[
-Keith-

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 03:17:06 AM »
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:20:12 AM by wordslinger »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()