Author Topic: BP  (Read 19779 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: BP
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2010, 03:13:15 PM »
It's about time. With all of this going on I find it amazing that people are still buying their products, I myself refuse too.

..and axy is right on target..and the sad thing is, the people running your local bp station are in no way at fault...

..they're just regular joes like you and me trying to make a buck...

..personally, i never bought bp fuel in the first place...so i'm not hurting them there...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2010, 05:55:47 PM »
I don't buy there fuel, never have and I understand it is impossible to entirely avoid their products as axy outlined but I am sick and tired of BIG f***ing business continuing to make big dollars at our expense, as the BP CEO said "The little people". From Wall ST to these sh**heads, I've had enough. >:(

I feel better now, sorry for the rant. ;)
-Keith-

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2010, 07:38:53 PM »
Time to get back on the Yacht!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2010, 09:14:13 PM »
...umm...yacht?

...do tell...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2010, 09:15:38 PM »
I feel better now, sorry for the rant

..THAT'S why this topic is here...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »
The BP muckity mucks... Out Yachting w/ the family, as they destroy US waters. I know it is an accident, and NO ONE is happy about it, but YACHTING WHILE THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEIR HARDWARE? Just not right...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2010, 09:21:56 PM »
..woww...i want a yacht...

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2010, 09:40:30 PM »
I know it is an accident

No. It was not an accident.

It was no more an accident than if you purposely got your friend drunk and let them drive home.

People who worked that rig knew and warned that all the corner-cutting that BP and Transocean did on that well was not going to end well.

And for what?  To try to save a few million dollars. Now, they wish they'd have spent that money up-front.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
People who worked that rig knew and warned that all the corner-cutting that BP and Transocean did on that well was not going to end well.

..i saw a "60 Minutes" interview with one guy that nearly drowned, and swam away from the rig in a sea of burning crude...

..that was when i made this thread...

..he personally alerted transocean to the faulty blowout preventers...

..bp said to f***in' DRILL!...

:-\

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2010, 10:38:34 PM »
Cutting corners to save/make a few bucks. Shortcuts don't work.
-Keith-

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2010, 03:00:45 AM »
My point is that you have to have your head up your ass to the shoulders, at least, to defend BP in this sh**.

And yes, we have plenty of Americans with their heads up their asses to the shoulders. At least 24%. The ones that don't know who we defeated to win our independence, and the ones who think George W. Bush was a great president.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 03:04:27 AM by jprestonian »

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
 yes i am back...sorry slinger.  :-*  :-* :-*     anyway, at least inferno mentions wall street!!!!!!!    thank you very much (its the PRIVATE sector that makes the economy), and you think I am sooooo wrong.... id also say axy is getting this info from one screne and posting on another verbaitme, BUT i do like the knowledgable effort. he seems very intelligent......      and now, as far as the yacht deal...2 things, that race had been scheduled for a time by this point, AS WAS DONE EVERY YEAR... 2: hayward had been "relieved of his duties" prior to said race also...                 and of course to j, ha, we agree on something, w. was/is a straight piece of sh**!!..  no doubt there, id say 97% are p.o.s!!!
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25:23 PM »
yes i am back...sorry slinger.  :-*  :-* :-*     anyway, at least inferno mentions wall street!!!!!!!    thank you very much (its the PRIVATE sector that makes the economy), and you think I am sooooo wrong.... id also say axy is getting this info from one screne and posting on another verbaitme, BUT i do like the knowledgable effort. he seems very intelligent......      

This is no place to go into such details, but I have B. Sc in business economy, MBA in ICT business management and currently I am working on my ph.d. in Business Administration. (I am completing 1st year of 3-year doctoral studies after MBA at the local University of Economy).

Considering that I am interested in political economy and philosophy and development of economic thought, recently, I have been researching the "shock doctrine" of USA (and neoliberals, Chicago school etc.), war in Iraq, events after "freeing up" the markets in Chile, Poland, USSR, Far East crisis at the end of 90s, and produced a number of 70+ page scientific papers on the topic.

I am not getting that info from "screens", at least not while posting, I tend to remember and accumulate a lot of information along the way.

I have been also fully employed for the past seven years in one of the world`s biggest oil&energy multinationals in function of middle manager and have been working for BP as a client.

Also, I am quite interested in macro economy and oil&energy sector, so tend to know quite a bit about all these topics (unfortunately, there is never enough knowledge).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:30:48 PM by axy »
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »
hey axy, if all said is true, then i stand corrected....(i was right on the last few words tho,lmao).. congradulations and good luck after...BUT, how can you even state negativity when "they"(big oil,persey)pay part of your salary??? 
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2010, 12:04:28 AM »
BUT, how can you even state negativity when "they"(big oil,persey)pay part of your salary??? 

Because, he's not a conservative (e.g., his morality isn't tied to his wallet).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()