Author Topic: Sliders/Clutch Springs/Fly Springs  (Read 8762 times)

thelastkahl

• View Profile
Re: Sliders/Clutch Springs/Fly Springs
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2010, 03:32:57 AM »
Okay Im off to bed...i'll let you guys know how things go tomorrow...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2010, 03:35:04 AM »
...cool, kahl...keep posting...we'll get y' straight...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2010, 04:22:11 AM »
I am running 1500 fly springs, 1000 torque spring and 6 gram sliders, with the torque spring I am thinking of going back to 7 gram rollers. A stiffer spring will have the same effect as lighter rollers. Go back to your 6.5 rollers and leave the springs and see how you go, you can then work out what weights you need. Wow, I go for a ride and this forum just explodes. Hey, Skadamo, if you're there,G'day from Aus.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:41:19 PM by sidthesloth »
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thelastkahl

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2010, 10:09:25 PM »
I started by just changing the 5.5 gram sliders to the 6.5 gram stock rollers with the 1000 torque spring still in it.  It did respond better but still not what I had for top end before the new spring.  I topped out at 36 mph...Soooo I took out the 1000 torque spring and replaced it with the stock torque spring and put in the 5.5 gram dr. pulley sliders...  With just the sliders it was back to the old top end speed with a little nicer acceleration.  It looks like if I want to keep my top end speed while using a performance torque spring I am going to have to go with some heavier sliders...I think maybe 7 or 7.5.  But thats another day as I am content with her for now...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2010, 10:46:47 PM »
Good that you are happy with it, the best way is to change one at a time so you can assess wether or not it is the way you want to go, for me with the 1000 torque spring I will probably end up going to 7 gram rollers but at the moment I, like you you am going to let it stay as is for now. Though I have lost some top end I still have enough for what I need, (note need, not want ;) ). Once you get into it, it is fun making the changes and then riding to see the result, sometimes good, sometimes not. :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()