Author Topic: best belt for my scooter  (Read 3538 times)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: best belt for my scooter
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »
Kymco doesn't make belts, but the OEM quality is there from who ever. Might be Gates, Bando or ?.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 02:47:09 AM »
Kymco doesn't make belts, but the OEM quality is there from who ever. Might be Gates, Bando or ?.
I think their belts are made by mitsuboshi for most of their scooters, or for mine anyway. I assume that the recently broken belt was the original due to the fact that my scooter had 5600 miles on it when I bought it and around 7800 now. The belt I removed had mitsuboshi writing on it.
2009 Xciting 250

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 10:10:33 PM »
Is your speed gps verified?
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 03:31:47 AM »
Is your speed gps verified?

Yes. The old top speed was GPS verified At 75 level ground. The new top speed is 82 level ground, no wind. But more significantly, my rpm at 65 mph went from 7500 (redline) to slightly below 70000, and if need be, I can go 70 mph at redline. Being able to cruise at 65mph with some reserve rpm's left over is MUCH MORE comforting.
2009 Xciting 250

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 06:17:52 PM »
Kymco belts are made by Bando and/or Mitsuboshi.
Both brands Bando and Mitsuboshi are perfect brands.
I have both brands on my shelf for spare parts. Wouldn´t buy anything else.

And just for your info: Belts don´t wear so much because of miles and remaining thickness, but much more because of heat! Many and long WOT rides are a bigger challenge for belts than many miles...

Keep that Bando belt , because Kymco IS Bando.  ;)
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 05:20:00 PM »
Kymco belts are made by Bando and/or Mitsuboshi.
Both brands Bando and Mitsuboshi are perfect brands.
I have both brands on my shelf for spare parts. Wouldn´t buy anything else.

And just for your info: Belts don´t wear so much because of miles and remaining thickness, but much more because of heat! Many and long WOT rides are a bigger challenge for belts than many miles...

Keep that Bando belt , because Kymco IS Bando.  ;)

Thanks for the information . I guess that's why mine failed less than 2000 miles after looking good when i checked it. I ride 3 or 4 days to and from work, weather permitting. It's 50 miles each way at 60-65 mph. When I bought it, it had over 5000 miles on it. When the belt shredded, it had nearly 8000. I don't know how the previous owner drove it. But I guess I can look forward to replacing the belt about every 5 or 6000 or so or when my rpm's increase close to where they were when I first purchased it.
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()