Author Topic: New Top Box  (Read 4730 times)

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
New Top Box
« on: April 15, 2016, 05:12:48 PM »
I just ordered a Bestem 929 TBox. For under $80 it looks like a good economical option. While those high end Giiv box's etc. look great I just can not justify the cost.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: New Top Box
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 08:16:27 PM »

I bought a E 55 givi box, and found out the lights are to small,.  they where hard to see day and night, so I switched for E 460 givi box and it looks like Stigs top box with lots of lights ,.  so I have a E 55 top box I use as a suit case,.   or I can switch it on the scooter ,if I need the large size,. 

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 08:55:02 PM »
I am no too sure about these universal mounts. In the end I may just have to pay for a Givi and the SR92.

Edit, on that note does anyone have pics of using a universal mount on our bikes? I know the solid rack must be a bit of a challange.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:56:35 PM by TANWare »

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 10:48:11 PM »
  call in and check if the mount comes with the bestem box,.   at my dealer the shad box and the givi fit the same mount,. 

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 07:03:55 AM »
It comes with the universal plate. The sr92m is the Givi plate for the Downtown. one reviewer said the 929 was usable on a Givi plate after a simple mod.. 

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 12:15:44 AM »
It is. That is the setup I have. All I had to do was drill 2 new holes on the universal plate and it fits like a glove. Trying to figure out the wiring was another story but I got it to work. I also used a trailer connection between the scoot and the box so IF I wanted to take it off I could. I think I might have posted pics of it on here if not I could take some and post them if you need them.

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 02:46:49 AM »
Yes please, all pics could be a great help.

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 10:38:25 PM »
I saw various pictures of the box, looks great. I would like pics though of the mods as in what holes were enlarged and or drilled? Also did you need the SR92 or SR92m? The later is with out the plate and for the monolock instead of monokey box's. I looked at the universal plate and it does not seem usable with the rack as stock.

Edit; the box itself seem pretty strong but I would like to see beefier hinging.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:08:02 PM by TANWare »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 11:03:06 AM »
I saw various pictures of the box, looks great. I would like pics though of the mods as in what holes were enlarged and or drilled? Also did you need the SR92 or SR92m? The later is with out the plate and for the monolock instead of monokey box's. I looked at the universal plate and it does not seem usable with the rack as stock.

Edit; the box itself seem pretty strong but I would like to see beefier hinging.

My 929 has been banging along on the backof my LIKE200I for two years with no issues.
Rack is fine......lights all working. This is a very "safe" accessory for a very modest price....priced as ALL plastic scooter boxes should be priced@@!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 07:07:45 AM »
I ordered the SR 92. I have the liner itself coming in on Wednesday.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 01:36:23 AM »
Soory I haven't gotten back to you sooner Tan, my father died and was dealing with all that. I will get you pics beginning of this week. I did use the rack without the plate. The universal plate with the box worked great. I needed to drill 2 new holes and used 2 existing holes. for the wiring I had to drill one hole near the seat to run the wires through. I also used heat shrink around the wires to keep them together. I will take some pics and post them for you.

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 02:13:13 AM »
Great, thanks. I am still waiting for the kit sr92. I am in no major hurry so take your time, also sorry to hear of your loss.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 03:21:10 PM »
Wow, didn't know Givi made a lighted box that looks like my Bestem 929.
But $240 for the box + $140 for the light "kit" that must be installed ??

Or:

About the safest thing to have on the back of your scoot - save for a trail car.
Don't go out into the dark or rain without something like this!
Plus makes a little scoot seem much bigger to cars back there .... or beside you, since the lights wrap around to the sides of the box as well...
The whole thing doubles it's LED's when you touch the brakes -- + the light on top of the case comes on.
My stuff stays dry in heavy rains....and there is a liner which can be purchased for @$20.
Got mine from the BESTEM web site (FREE SHIPPING) .....liner later from AMAZON.
Stig
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:28:22 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 12:48:18 AM »
Stig you are so right on that.

TAN here are the pics. I don't remember which set of holes I had to drill and I kinda remember I had to enlarge at least one of the others for it to fit. But it was a whole lot simpler to mount then I ever thought. The wire connection was from the RV/trailer section at Walmart. I did that connect just in case I ever wanted to take off the top case for some reason instead of hard wiring the box in and not allowing that function. I just drilled the hole near the back. Still meaning to fill in around the wires with a little silicon to seal it. One of these days I will. I added the foam weatherstrip to take the little bit of rattle out that I had.

Next thing I'm going to do is redo that damn seat and make it comfy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45717620@N02/with/26554459972/

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 03:31:53 AM »
Thanks. I too eventually will use the trailer wire hook up. I am thinking a constant ground and then for the 3 positive wires
1.) tail light
2.) stop light
3.) 10 amp fused direct feed from the battery to a power port inside the box.

I will need to get the lit tail light strip though.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()