Author Topic: Downtown gone!  (Read 8115 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Downtown gone!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 01:19:20 AM »
All you guys are the greatest! Thank you is inadequate but that's all I can muster! UPDATE: Cops in the next county found the bike this morning in a ditch just outside Bolivar, TN. It had remnants of a rope attached to the front and appeared to have been towed for a distance behind another vehicle. They said it was heavily damaged and had a sneaker near it with a "lot of blood on it" probably indicating one of the perpetrators was seriously injured in the crash. Ignition switch broken as well. Allstate agent says it's covered, will be meeting with the adjuster probably Monday. The investigators will be in touch also probably Monday or Tuesday next week. The Fat Lady has not sung on this one yet.

More update: have installed Lowe's fat chain in concrete secured with Master pad locks with a 10 rating for hers and mine ( when the Fat Lady sings). Gonna get a Tarter gate on the driveway to slow 'em down. More later as it unfolds.

Karl

PS: Gotta get another "Stig" sticker. Hey, Wayne! You have any left?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:23:24 AM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 05:24:03 AM »
They said it was heavily damaged and had a sneaker near it with a "lot of blood on it" probably indicating one of the perpetrators was seriously injured in the crash.

Karma is a bitch, here's to them having a permanent limp.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 11:32:10 AM »
Well Karl,
Was hoping for a better outcome here....but with the scooter found at least the Fat Lady is putting down her beer and moving towards the mic.
Well...after watching what happens to the near side leg during a low side crash. ...I hope the guy isn't hurt too much. Truly....you don't really want someone crippled by one of our scooters. That's not what we're all about.....no matter how bad a decision somebody made.
I hope you can get this cleared up....and move on ...maybe with a totally new scooter.
Right now you are of course entitled to your righteous anger and disappointment with human kind!
Take care & best regards,
Sign me , "glad I didn't always get what I deserved, Stig"
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 12:42:48 PM »
I am sorry to hear about your scooter Karl. I hope when all is over, that you come out of it better than whole.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 02:35:25 PM »
Karl, glad to hear that the scooter was found. Was hoping for a better outcome on the damage. At least now insurance can get the ball rolling. Look forward to your next update

- Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 03:04:05 PM »
Sorry about your scoot, gotta suck. When my scoot was stolen the ins co tried to lowball me big time on the value. I had to complain to their customer service dept supervisor to get another valuation done and they upped the value by $600. Go get 3 estimates of value from dealers across the country, their prices reflect reality. Don't use craigs unless your happy with the $. It's difficult to get local values because at any given time no DT's may be for sale locally. Try and get the mileage as close as you can. That's a big factor in resale value.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 04:13:03 PM »
Well Karl,
Was hoping for a better outcome here....but with the scooter found at least the Fat Lady is putting down her beer and moving towards the mic.
Well...after watching what happens to the near side leg during a low side crash. ...I hope the guy isn't hurt too much. Truly....you don't really want someone crippled by one of our scooters. That's not what we're all about.....no matter how bad a decision somebody made.
I hope you can get this cleared up....and move on ...maybe with a totally new scooter.
Right now you are of course entitled to your righteous anger and disappointment with human kind!
Well said, Stig. A voice of reason in the midst of the anger is what we need to keep perspective.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 07:50:11 AM »
Well Karl,

Stig's man after my own heart. i too had hoped for a better outcome. But at least they found it  and you can begin the process of getting it repaired or replaced. I don't want them to experience a major and permanent injury either. But I do hope they got TEMPORARILY  hurt just enough to make them learn their lesson and NEVER want to do that again.
2009 Xciting 250

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
sorry to hear about
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 01:07:35 PM »
your ordeal.
Now that the scooter has been located, I hope you get a fair
settlement from your insurance company.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 01:29:23 PM »
Good words of wisdom Tom. I watched a rider ahead of me in a group ride have a low side crash going maybe 10 miles an hour on a B400. We were turning left at a stop sign onto a rural road as the rider took off to fast and therefore cut his turn too wide and ended up in the bar ditch. He tried to pull it back up on the blacktop out of the dirt but had a thick edge trap of asphalt and dropped it on his leg. He shattered his lower leg in several places and is now permanently disabled and can barely walk. So what you said Tom about not wishing this on anyone despite one's crime is admirable.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 04:56:23 PM »
PS: Gotta get another "Stig" sticker. Hey, Wayne! You have any left?
I have one left. It's yours.
Wayne

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 08:42:31 PM »
Damn, Damn and DAMN! That has to be the worst feeling ever! As a DT rider I’ve had those fears, and hearing what happened to you, Karl, makes me completely pissed. Hope they find them and your bike!

Damn!!! Feel like kicking something!

- Wolf

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 08:58:46 PM »
OK, got to see what is left today at the tow lot. Still recognizable as a DT but windshield broken off about halfway down, left side ground down, left pax peg gone, right mirror broken off, left brake lever bent and twisted, scuff/abraded both sides. You should see the remains of the ignition lock! Top cover and "shutter" completely missing and the innards broken as evidence they drove a large screwdriver into the keyslot and turned trying to turn it on. They failed and the nylon strap still tied to the front forks evidence they were trying to pull start it or just move it down the road. Darwin Award candidates!

By the way, I was able to use the cable pull to unlatch the seat and recover the rain suit, GPS, tire gage, spare plug and fuses, tire pump and whatnots!

Wayne: That's great! Where do I send the donation? I owe ya!

Karl
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:01:43 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 09:31:51 PM »
Any leads on the injured guy who stole it? Hope you can get a new DT soon.

- Wolf

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 10:40:22 PM »
OK, got to see what is left today at the tow lot. Still recognizable as a DT but windshield broken off about halfway down, left side ground down, left pax peg gone, right mirror broken off, left brake lever bent and twisted, scuff/abraded both sides. You should see the remains of the ignition lock! Top cover and "shutter" completely missing and the innards broken as evidence they drove a large screwdriver into the keyslot and turned trying to turn it on. They failed and the nylon strap still tied to the front forks evidence they were trying to pull start it or just move it down the road. Darwin Award candidates!

By the way, I was able to use the cable pull to unlatch the seat and recover the rain suit, GPS, tire gage, spare plug and fuses, tire pump and whatnots!

Wayne: That's great! Where do I send the donation? I owe ya!

Karl

Left side damage indicative of a low-side slide on that side?....and bloody shoe from left/rear leg of this varmint to confirm this?
Karl, can we get pix of this? not that anyone likes to see a busted scooter.
Man, can only imagine how you feel , looking at your busted scooter....which has brought you so much pleasure.
Regards, buddy....from all of us.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()