Author Topic: Downtown gone!  (Read 8337 times)

jimboeau

• View Profile
Re: Downtown gone!
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2016, 05:12:41 PM »

When I bought mine there last year the fees were about $200.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2016, 07:31:03 PM »
Somehow I missed this thread. That really sucks!!! I hope the new old stock works out for you.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2016, 08:56:49 PM »
If funds are an issue I wouldn't hesitate to go after a Kymco super 8 or Movie used for cheap. 2wheels are better than 2 feet or four tires. 150cc of course.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2016, 10:10:38 PM »
UPDATE: Got the new/old stock 2013 DT300i. Put 5 miles at the dealer as part of my PDI and rode with Dear Wife on her People to lunch with friends. Now showing 51.2 miles. All good! Mods to follow, not speed mods but luggage plate over the joke for a parcel rack and a GPS mount.

LESSONS LEARNED: chain 'em down with a top security key lock. Turn the forks and lock them. Push the button and drop the shutter closed over the key lock(on the scoot). We put a gate across the driveway with chain and lock. The drive is like a road cut with steep banks. Put short fence-like bars from gate posts to concrete plugs in the ground. This will DISCOURAGE casual entry even by four-wheelers and everyone around here has at least one.

We are in the sticks country, folks. Farmland and scattered houses. Not densely populated. It WAS the last outpost of people not locking anything up. Not any more.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2016, 12:00:02 AM »
UPDATE: Got the new/old stock 2013 DT300i. Put 5 miles at the dealer as part of my PDI and rode with Dear Wife on her People to lunch with friends. Now showing 51.2 miles. All good! Mods to follow, not speed mods but luggage plate over the joke for a parcel rack and a GPS mount.

LESSONS LEARNED: chain 'em down with a top security key lock. Turn the forks and lock them. Push the button and drop the shutter closed over the key lock(on the scoot). We put a gate across the driveway with chain and lock. The drive is like a road cut with steep banks. Put short fence-like bars from gate posts to concrete plugs in the ground. This will DISCOURAGE casual entry even by four-wheelers and everyone around here has at least one.

We are in the sticks country, folks. Farmland and scattered houses. Not densely populated. It WAS the last outpost of people not locking anything up. Not any more.

Karl

Did you get the white one? !
Good for you. ..back on your scooter.!! Shee-oot, brand new scoot with that newcar smell.
How do you proceed with the break in?    Thrash it or by the manual?
This sad story had a pretty nice ending....good on you Karl.
Enjoy
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2016, 12:03:53 AM »
Good deal to be back on 2 wheels.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2016, 12:29:26 AM »
Glad you are back in the saddle sir!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2016, 01:59:16 AM »
Dealer PDI: Safety switch on side stand inop. Left hand mirror locknut crushing wire to turn signal-mirror would not stay in position. Underseat tub (met-in area) light not connected. Fuse box and analyzer tool connector both adrift (Navy talk for not secured or not reachable/in sight). Battery probably not charged prior to installation. Seat tub plastic fastener not replaced after tub re-installed. Numerous nuts and bolts missing or incorrect type (proper fasteners robbed from other bikes to correct). This last item was taken care of by dealer. I did the rest. Parts robbing once started never stops. It just passes down the line until someone FORCES the stop or slows it down. I did this as a tech at a John Deere dealership because the practice is counter-productive and would actually cost me money. I did not stop it, just slowed it down: they did not get the parts from MY machines!

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2016, 02:38:10 PM »
Never thought about the fact that my Burgman had been sitting on dealer floor for 2or 3 yrs.
There were two....one black. .one black/gray.....so maybe they robbed from black one!? (rare to get color choice w burgs)
During my fuel pump recall on forza...I watched them roll away the floor model.  I got a little curious....sure enough they broke my Forza's panel.....then they broke the floor model's too!
Brought home new VW bus....found a German beer bottle cap sitting on engine. I laughed snd laughed at some Austrian's sense of humor. Like mine!
Yep....only car in walmart parking lot made in AUSTRIA!@!
Picking up American made VW Jetta....but ordered vinyl seats....this one had cloth seats.
I have lots if messy kids....sale is off! "Wait Mr. STIG..!"
They yanked vinyl seats out of another and tossed the cloth ones in the parking lot!
Sale completed.
Glad it is nothing serious with tge new scooter Karl.
White?
Regards Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2016, 03:04:37 PM »
So glad it ended well and you are back on the road again. But still, just burns you having stuff stolen 😡
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2016, 03:28:59 PM »

Karl

Same here, live in the country too and never lock our house or the bikes. Until that changes I'm not changing things yet. Been good for 16 years so far. Sorry you had troubles.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2016, 03:30:04 PM »
Dealer PDI: Safety switch on side stand inop. Left hand mirror locknut crushing wire to turn signal-mirror would not stay in position. Underseat tub (met-in area) light not connected. Fuse box and analyzer tool connector both adrift (Navy talk for not secured or not reachable/in sight). Battery probably not charged prior to installation. Seat tub plastic fastener not replaced after tub re-installed. Numerous nuts and bolts missing or incorrect type (proper fasteners robbed from other bikes to correct). This last item was taken care of by dealer. I did the rest. Parts robbing once started never stops. It just passes down the line until someone FORCES the stop or slows it down. I did this as a tech at a John Deere dealership because the practice is counter-productive and would actually cost me money. I did not stop it, just slowed it down: they did not get the parts from MY machines!

Quite the ordeal. I haven't had much time to look over the MyRoad but when they brought it out to me I looked it over. I found a screw not all the way in on the handle bars. They tried to tighten it but it wouldn't go in all the way so they pulled it out and the threads had been buggered. Ok I said just run a tap in and it will be fine. They took in in back and when it came out had a different screw (chrome) than the one on the other side. I said may I have the old one and they said the guy had thrown it away. At that point I just figured I'd rather take it home and deal with myself. Later when I got home with it I found a broken plastic fastener on the battery cover. All in all pretty minor compared to your experience.

I work at a car dealer and parts robbing happens from time to time but It just takes someone who cares to order and replace the robbed parts. I'd hate to think some places might not do that just because they don't want to pay for those replacement parts.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2016, 06:15:10 PM »
Karl, glad to hear that you went with another DT 300.. Did you go with the orange crush, or white? Anyway, it's great that you are back on the road!!!!

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2016, 07:13:33 PM »
White! Same-o, same-o to keep the confusion factor low!

Karl

Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2016, 03:21:08 AM »
Good to hear you're back on the road with a new scooter.  8)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()