Author Topic: Solution to headlight glare?  (Read 3810 times)

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Re: Solution to headlight glare?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 09:08:12 PM »
No big deal, Tom. Of course probably all of these headlights nowadays have plastic lenses. I should have known it better anyway...  ;) ...or asked a second time.
So in the end its my own fault and confusion.
But these damn plastic lenses are so crystal clear and with all those "glass-like" marks and signs on it and it felt really hard and strong (knocked on it before), so that I was tempted to use the "other" side of the sponge to get rid of the remaining glue of the electrical tape.  :)

Thanks for the advices for the car polish. I´ll give that a first try, ´cause that´s what I have at home.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 09:59:14 PM »
No big deal, Tom. Of course probably all of these headlights nowadays have plastic lenses. I should have known it better anyway...  ;) ...or asked a second time.
So in the end its my own fault and confusion.
But these damn plastic lenses are so crystal clear and with all those "glass-like" marks and signs on it and it felt really hard and strong (knocked on it before), so that I was tempted to use the "other" side of the sponge to get rid of the remaining glue of the electrical tape.  :)

Thanks for the advices for the car polish. I´ll give that a first try, ´cause that´s what I have at home.
I had to use orange degreaser to remove the tape gunk.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 12:43:42 AM »
I have used plain old Crest toothpaste to remove metal scratches from auto windscreen. May work for you on plastic. Toothpaste, water, and a soft toothbrush. Circular motion. Hope that helps.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

bdsimmons2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 08:02:26 PM »
I just added a strip of 3m (or at least I thought it was 3m) automotive vinyl wrap to the top of mine.  Although I found out afterwards that the light still can "glow" through the vinyl wrap a little, but I was able to get it on there nice and straight, and I used a gunmetal/metallic grey that looks like the stripes on my matte black Like.  It does look a little odd at night, but the glare is stopped.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 11:47:41 PM »
I use Novus plastic polish to clean my auto headlights of the ugly yellow build-up that degrades light transmission. They come in varying grades of grit to remove and polish plastics. Here's a link to the website. http://www.novuspolish.com/

Tap Plastics carries the product.
I use Novus plastic polish  for yellow tinted plastic Lens. It also works for removing scratches in the windscreen.  I use a 5" random orbit electric polisher.  Because of the extremely fine grit in the polish it takes awhile to remove scratches but does a nice job.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 09:53:26 AM »
@Kk yes, if an item is not available anymore.
 I'm a pretty cheap guy but IMO it's not worth the effort when i.g. an headlamp assambly for my Grand Dink 150 costs €36,- new inclusive bulbs and delivery.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2021, 11:53:11 AM »
@Kk yes, if an item is not available anymore.
 I'm a pretty cheap guy but IMO it's not worth the effort when i.g. an headlamp assambly for my Grand Dink 150 costs €36,- new inclusive bulbs and delivery.
I can't argue with that,  very reasonable.  Ruffus your not cheap your frugal.  When I get the liquid cooled Bet&Win 150 I will try to get some pictures. I bet it will be a match to your liquid cooled Xiciting 150.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2021, 02:32:57 PM »
@Kk, frugal is the word👍😄
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2021, 03:40:00 PM »
Vivo used to say, "headlight glare?....close your eyes!"

....wonder what ever happened to ol' Vivo.....

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()