Author Topic: Gasoline in air filter.  (Read 1375 times)

Punzer

• View Profile
Gasoline in air filter.
« on: May 08, 2016, 04:21:12 PM »
 I was riding my Agility 50 today, when i bumped on a hole on the road. The engine turned off and i couldnt get it to start. I noticed a small bit of gasoline near the carb. Upon returning home after an hour of pushing my scooter i tried to start it again. When trying to start, the fuel was dripping out of the filter box. What could be causing it, and how to fix it?

blue

• View Profile
Re: Gasoline in air filter.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 11:39:24 PM »
You may have flooded it by cranking it over to much. Or the the seat came down on the carb and did something to the carb. check the lines and the carb for damage.

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 05:25:54 PM »
It would be odd, but maybe the big bump made the float stick.  Or maybe it jarred a wire loose somewhere.
Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 02:38:34 AM »
Pull the spark plug Is it wet? No, check for spark, if it's wet...dry it off, (better to use a new plug) then check the oil is it over full & smells like gas? If so change the oil before you try to start it!!!, & you've probably got a bad needle & seat, or bad float. If it's ok check for spark after drying the plug. Got spark pinch the fuel line, put the plug in & try starting it. Won't start tap on the carb bowl a few times with a screwdriver handle then open the fuel line & try again. Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:43:33 AM by JayAre »
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

Punzer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 01:11:21 PM »
 I opened up the carb, and nothing seemed odd. The needle was not bent and the floaters were moving as they should be. I took out the sperk-plug and checked the compression. Everything seemed okay, but it still had the isuue. I rechecked the carb, and found that when the floaters where in the 'full' state, the gas was not stopped. I took the floaters out and found that there was a tiny bit of rock (probably a grain of sand) that was stopping the pipe from closing. I took out the grain, and started it up and everything worked great ;).

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 09:56:28 PM »
Follow your gas line back from the carb to see if there's a gas filter & I'd replace it. If there's no filter I'd suggest buying a inline filter & installing it. It will probably will save you from having the same problem again.
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()