Author Topic: Like 200i  (Read 3156 times)

djpo

• View Profile
Like 200i
« on: May 09, 2016, 02:53:45 PM »
Pics of my Like 200i before my windshield was installed. I'll have photos of the scoot w/the windshield at some point.

I also removed the badges/emblems and applied Cannondale stickers on the sides (where the like emblems were). Both of my bicycles (road and trail) are Cannondale and I thought it would be a little cheeky to brand my scooter as a bicycle. ;)

🏍  Rolling in style on a 2015 Kymco Like 200i  🏍
Smoking the streets of Kitsap County - Washington State

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Like 200i
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 06:09:43 PM »
Thanks for the pictures!
Was looking at my neighbor's black LIKE200i and he pointed out to me that it is a blue/black in the sun.
Nice looking scooters.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »
Much better than the Like emblem for sure. What did you use to remove the emblems and sticky residue left behind?

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 04:23:52 AM »
Much better than the Like emblem for sure. What did you use to remove the emblems and sticky residue left behind?

a heat gun on low. Didn't take much to get it off of there. I wanted to keep the emblems but the letters stretched a bit as I slowly pulled, so trashed.

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 01:56:16 PM »
Thanks for the pictures!
Was looking at my neighbor's black LIKE200i and he pointed out to me that it is a blue/black in the sun.
Nice looking scooters.
Stig

Thanks. Yes, the paint color on this really is something spectacular. Looks black until you get it in the sun and then you can really see the blue in it. I wish my SUV was this color :)  Actually, my SUV is "Silver Ice" but I've been wondering if I can take it to a paint shop and have them add a layer of red flake clear coat on top of it so it glistens red in the sun. Maybe one of these days!!!

uvodeedub

• View Profile
Like 200i
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 08:42:53 PM »
Bought a 2015 200i Like for my wife, after she gave up on a Biella 50 (nice looking but lots of fuel supply related problems). Anyway, sold the Biella after I put a real carburetor in it and replaced fuel and air hoses for $700 (new was $980 at  the door 2 years ago)
Can you believe that the original Chinese carburetor was press closed and could not be serviced or cleaned??? but I guess I should not complain cause I bought a Japanese model for $25 that worked great...
Here some pics for now - got it Lacey, WA for $3100 including the chrome trim. If anyone can refer to me where I can see a clear pic fo the upgraded mirrors ( not the picture on the Kymco website) I would appreciate that - thinking of upgrading that as well.
One other thing I will do during the off season is replacing the battery with an EVO3 model, no recommendation needed for that.
 I could use some advise on the type of bulbs I need, I want to replace ALL of them with LED....
thanks in advance for that.

uvodeedub

• View Profile
Like 200i - 2nd pic
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 08:50:09 PM »
another pic of the Like

uvodeedub

• View Profile
Like 200i
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 08:51:15 PM »
antoehr pic

uvodeedub

• View Profile
Like 200i
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 08:52:31 PM »
last one of this series

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 03:00:40 AM »
Bought a 2015 200i Like for my wife, after she gave up on a Biella 50 (nice looking but lots of fuel supply related problems). Anyway, sold the Biella after I put a real carburetor in it and replaced fuel and air hoses for $700 (new was $980 at  the door 2 years ago)
Can you believe that the original Chinese carburetor was press closed and could not be serviced or cleaned??? but I guess I should not complain cause I bought a Japanese model for $25 that worked great...
Here some pics for now - got it Lacey, WA for $3100 including the chrome trim. If anyone can refer to me where I can see a clear pic fo the upgraded mirrors ( not the picture on the Kymco website) I would appreciate that - thinking of upgrading that as well.
One other thing I will do during the off season is replacing the battery with an EVO3 model, no recommendation needed for that.
 I could use some advise on the type of bulbs I need, I want to replace ALL of them with LED....
thanks in advance for that.

did you get it at Paulson? That's where I got mine (lacey).

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »
Nice scooter. ....thanks for the pictures.
And Welcome!
Please post pix of which LEDs you go with.
Tip shared with me....the lower front bulbs can be accessed from under front....and by removing black covers in glove box. Careful bulbs do not pop out of holder when installing. ...to fall inside light housing!
Rear bulbs....on back... behind plastic cover in wheel well.
Proper bulb will properly increase shine in the reflector which is designed to work best with incandescent bulbs.....some LEDs are too directional it seems.  After trying some...I went back to orig bulbs.   
Stig
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 12:41:29 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

uvodeedub

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 03:11:40 PM »
yes djpo, at Paulson's indeed...

for the leds.. none can give me some resources please?

uvodeedub

• View Profile
Lemon? Like 200i
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 05:57:41 AM »
i noticed the odometer is at 106.x miles and i added 1/2 gallon  hitting the metal bar???? how is it that this scooter, my wife's toy, will go 200 mile pg....?? must be a lemon!!!!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 10:44:38 AM »
i noticed the odometer is at 106.x miles and i added 1/2 gallon  hitting the metal bar???? how is it that this scooter, my wife's toy, will go 200 mile pg....?? must be a lemon!!!!
Easily explained.
You have a leak somewhere.
I'm getting almost three days per gallon.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

uvodeedub

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 03:16:33 PM »
Oops no more "funny" posts by me on this forum...
1/2 gallon for 106 miles ( that is one hundred and six miles) makes 212 miles ( that is two hundred and twelve miles) per gallon of 93 RON and that does not seem to lead to a conclusion of a leak somewhere, points more to Divine Intervention... of D.I. as KYMCO does not advertise 200mpg, not even 150 mpg....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()