Author Topic: SUPER 9 TOP SPEED CHECKED BY GPS  (Read 18336 times)

buzzbomb

• View Profile
Re: SUPER 9 TOP SPEED CHECKED BY GPS
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2015, 06:03:11 PM »
BOY, what a blast from the past!!!  I HAVE done a lot on my S9 since this thread- man its been 5 years!!!
 I have the Airsal 70cc kit on it, with 19mm carb. The biggest boost in power was welding the intake and hogging it out to match the carb. That was a great improvement.
 I now hit 49MPH consistently. I have the stock clutch with different springs, and a Jasil variator and Malossi spring. It has been a long time- I cannot even remember all the details! But I still have a brand new Malossi clutch, 105mm and a 105 bell which do not fit this scooter. I would make someone a heckuva deal if you are interested...
I have zero time to work on or even ride this thing anymore as I work 6 days a week and there is no time for play anymore.
But it really does work well, if not super high on top end. It will beat traffic from a red light every time!

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »
Glad to see you are still out here with your scoot. I guess we are the long running owners of the super 9's
ALL STOCK

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2015, 07:50:17 PM »
Most recent,  cold morning,  long flat after a slight downhill pitch. Speedo needle is past the mph/kmh markings. 
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2015, 08:31:01 AM »
Nice but you must have done some mod's
ALL STOCK

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2015, 06:32:22 PM »
Yep.  I almost feel like it should be more,  but I'm satisfied.  Now I need to focus on efficiency.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2015, 06:45:56 PM »
53mph, that's pretty cool!  I'll have to check mine with gps sometime, have iphone that is supposed to be able to do it, just don't know how, but have son-n-law that can show me.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2015, 12:14:35 AM »
53mph, that's pretty cool!  I'll have to check mine with gps sometime, have iphone that is supposed to be able to do it, just don't know how, but have son-n-law that can show me.  Cheers
How did you get 53mph...was that on the scoot gauge
ALL STOCK

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2015, 01:55:26 AM »
look at pic reply #77, I saw top speed 53, I don't know, but thought pic of GPS?
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2015, 08:45:44 AM »
BOY, what a blast from the past!!!  I HAVE done a lot on my S9 since this thread- man its been 5 years!!!
 I have the Airsal 70cc kit on it, with 19mm carb. The biggest boost in power was welding the intake and hogging it out to match the carb. That was a great improvement.
 I now hit 49MPH consistently. I have the stock clutch with different springs, and a Jasil variator and Malossi spring. It has been a long time- I cannot even remember all the details! But I still have a brand new Malossi clutch, 105mm and a 105 bell which do not fit this scooter. I would make someone a heckuva deal if you are interested...
I have zero time to work on or even ride this thing anymore as I work 6 days a week and there is no time for play anymore.
But it really does work well, if not super high on top end. It will beat traffic from a red light every time!
It has to be more then 49 mph after those mod's
ALL STOCK

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2015, 05:51:02 PM »
That's a GPS app for my phone.  It records the top speed of the run,  along with real time GPS.  It's called Ulysses I believe.  I just turn it on and throw it in my pocket.  I removed my phone holder when I put in the windscreen.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »
you can change to boss alone and get that speed
ALL STOCK

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
If you toss in 12g  rollers and take a huge hill you could see mad top speeds.  You can throw in some super light rollers and pull the wheel off the ground every time but Max out at 45 with the tachometer pegged. Then rider weight comes into play as well. 
I had ran 43+ often on the stock pipe and cylinder but would drop to 30 on hills,  all GPS.  After my tuning, the hill has to be ridiculously steep to get me below 40. And running smooth with unfavorable winds at 50 is great to me!
There's a guy with a shop in town that tried to convince me to put in five grams rollers,  that's what he had in his s9. But I prefer to have all around performance.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2015, 11:35:02 PM »
That's a good choice......Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooommmmmm
ALL STOCK

SUPER 9 MANN

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2015, 10:14:12 PM »
I need to upgrade, had a long sleep

0BARK4322