Author Topic: scooter clubs............  (Read 4200 times)

blue

• View Profile
scooter clubs............
« on: May 20, 2016, 01:43:05 AM »
Boy My scooter club is realy starting to suck big time.........When out for a nice long ride with the club today.And things went fine at frist. I was the only 50 cc and everyone was a 110 125 150 or bigger.they just worry about speed.
Not the ride. I got left in the dust after about 45 miles in to the ride . it was ok this time because I know my way home. But what if I did not...... This is the second time it happened to me. the club was a careing club But now its all about the speed.... thinking of backing out and starting a new one for 50 cc scoots bigger are welcome put you ride are speed............

MJR

• View Profile
Re: scooter clubs............
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 03:16:27 AM »
Sorry to hear that, it's not right for a group to leave someone behind like that.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 04:41:22 PM »
Thats why when MSLF rides I'm one of the faster scooters but I play tail gunner to make sure no one gets left behind. Need to have a plan and communicate things before starting out and make sure people stay together.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 05:45:45 PM »
The local scooter club here has very little activity.  I ride with them maybe once a year because that's about all they ride.  I have been riding regularly with people from the Bamarides forum.  This is a motorcycle forum, not a scooter forum but all kinds of bikes are welcome.  They ride the way I prefer group rides are done.  Fast guys up front and slow guys in the back but NO ONE is left behind.  We simple regroup at all turns.  This way the fast riders don't get bored and the slow riders don't feel they need to ride over their heads to keep up. 

We do ride on roads that probably aren't suited for 50cc scooters but we have had groups of bikes ranging frmm 125cc to around 1800cc. 

This was one of my group rides with Bamarides.  I led the group on my Sport City 250.  Other bikes ranged from the 171cc Sym to an 1800cc Goldwing.  The guy on the Sym was NOT the slowest in the group.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 05:49:15 PM by klaviator »
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 06:47:11 PM »
That sucks! More than just being left behind, what if you broke down or took a fall?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 12:44:56 AM »
The leader that night did call me to say he was sorry. So ill see how the next ride gos.

Voodooscoot

• View Profile
    • Voodoo Scoots  S/C
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 12:52:21 AM »
That sucks. Hope it changes for you.   Just wondering- do you have like by-laws for your club? 

Our club has 50cc to 400cc restrictions.   But no one should ever be left behind. Enjoy the ride and friendships.
Recruiter for Voodoo Scoots   S/C
2013 Super 8 150cc

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 02:54:21 AM »
That sucks. Hope it changes for you.   Just wondering- do you have like by-laws for your club? 

Our club has 50cc to 400cc restrictions.   But no one should ever be left behind. Enjoy the ride and friendships.

The club has been together since 07 and we always welcome bigger scoots .started out with 50 cc to 125 at frist. But now its up to a few 50 cc but more like 50 cc with big bore or 70cc and up so the stock 50 that can do only 40 gets left behind. the last few ride has been 100 cc and up. and for by-laws we do but most are for safe rideing . we are just a bunch of riders getting together for a Thursday night ride. we mostly try to stop at corners and lights to let others catch up.But things are changing its more of a speed thing not the joy of the ride. We should be there for the others what if someone does whip out or brakes down .Nobody would know if they mad it home safe.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 05:46:42 PM »
Our club has 50cc to 400cc restrictions. But no one should ever be left behind. Enjoy the ride and friendships.

It shouldn't be about what or size you ride as long as you are courteous and considerate of those you ride with. For me it's about enjoying the scenery/ride with like minded folks regardless of what they ride.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Blue, I don`t know how
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 11:05:02 PM »
to say this without hurting your feelings but, I would not ride a 50cc motorscooter
anywhere except for maybe a campground or large parking lot.
I sure would not take one on a group ride.
I`m with the club on this one.
Get yourself a more powerful scooter and continue riding with the gang.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 01:14:31 AM »
I started Making Slow Look Fast Carolina Scooter Club with my Like 50, a Super 9, and a VIP 50cc in January. We have 20 patched members now and alot more that ride with us with everything from a Honda Monkey Bike to to my BBKed Like 70 now to an Xcite 500 and some various 150cc scoots and Grom riders. If you're gonna be a CLub and do group rides you stay together it don't matter what size or speed you are I cruise at 50 but I stay in the back to keep all the stock 50cc scoots up with the rest of us. If you're gonna be a group you ride as a group you wanna go fast and worry bout speed do it on your own time. We got a Honda ruck with a Kymco Agility 125cc in it that does 78mph but you best believe when we do a group ride I make him follow the same speed as everyone else. It don't matter what speed or size you are if you're part of a Club or group you're there for the camaraderie and friendship not to show how fast you are.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

blue

• View Profile
Re: Blue, I don`t know how
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 01:24:16 AM »
to say this without hurting your feelings but, I would not ride a 50cc motorscooter

the club started off back in 07 and was nothing but 50 cc scoots. then when to bigger scoots and they took over.and now the club is getting smaller because of it......should not of gone that way just because of speed..The little guys have the right to have fun too.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 01:29:08 AM »
I started Making Slow Look Fast Carolina Scooter Club with my Like 50, a Super 9, and a VIP 50cc in January. We have 20 patched members now and alot more that ride with us with everything from a Honda Monkey Bike to to my BBKed Like 70 now to an Xcite 500 and some various 150cc scoots and Grom riders. If you're gonna be a CLub and do group rides you stay together it don't matter what size or speed you are I cruise at 50 but I stay in the back to keep all the stock 50cc scoots up with the rest of us. If you're gonna be a group you ride as a group you wanna go fast and worry bout speed do it on your own time. We got a Honda ruck with a Kymco Agility 125cc in it that does 78mph but you best believe when we do a group ride I make him follow the same speed as everyone else. It don't matter what speed or size you are if you're part of a Club or group you're there for the camaraderie and friendship not to show how fast you are.

Injoy  your club sounds like you are doing a good job.. Im thinking of starting another one for the slower scootes that can stick together. and if you have a scoot bigger you have to come down to are speed.   

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 02:37:04 AM »
You can always starts a new Chapter of MSLF lol we've had a few people out of state thinking bout joining and starting own new state and city chapters.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Blue, I don`t know how
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 08:49:42 PM »

This really depends where you ride.  No way would I ride a 50cc scooter around where I live but in some places where speeds are lower 50cc may be fast enough.  As for group rides, again it depends on the group and where the ride is.  I lead a lot of group rides and I normally post what kinds of speeds and conditions to expect on the ride.  I would never recommend a scooter under 125cc on any of my rides and many of my rides are unsuitable for most scooters under 200cc. 

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()