Author Topic: New owner need top case and windscreen info  (Read 1001 times)

Burgi

• View Profile
New owner need top case and windscreen info
« on: June 05, 2016, 09:35:44 PM »
Hello everyone I just got a 2014 GT 300i and could use some help with a couple little mods.

First I want to replace the stock top case.
I have a 45L Givi Monolock that I swap between two of my other bikes but it looks like it will take some serious work to get a monolock plate to bolt up to the rack on the GT.
Are there any large top cases that easily bolt onto the rack of this scoot?
I see Kymco has the 45 & 48L cases listed as accessories for this model that come with a with a plate. Are these a good fit?
I don't care about lights and such just looking for storage.

Next the windscreen. I don't really need anything large but currently it seems the air flow (and road grit) come off the little fly screen and catch me right in the eyes. If I could just move up the air a couple more inches I'd be fine. I'm finding very little available, anyone got a solution?
Thanks!
'14 GT 300i,  BMW RT, Bonneville, SYM HD200

deedah37

• View Profile
Re: New owner need top case and windscreen info
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 06:45:54 AM »
I recently bought a People 300 from a friend of Mine. It has a Puig tall screen not sure height, but I like it. I have two 300 cc kymcos a DT and. People. I ride the people more like a cruiser and the PUIG does greeeeat at keeping air away from me. No helmet needed at all to escape wind noise and being able to smoke at top speed.

If anyone wants more info feel free to ask or PM me

Burgi

• View Profile
Re: New owner need top case and windscreen info
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 09:58:25 PM »
Thanks deedah. It looks like Puig has 4 different size shields that will fit the GTs. Does your attach to your bike at the mirrors?
Any chance you could post a close up picture of it?
'14 GT 300i,  BMW RT, Bonneville, SYM HD200

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()