Author Topic: Belt and ???  (Read 1328 times)

orpicker

• View Profile
Belt and ???
« on: June 06, 2010, 02:36:38 AM »
I recently purchased a 2006 People 250. It has about 2600 miles on it. (I thought it was about 3400 until I realized that BOTH the speedometer and odometer read in metrics.)  It runs well with plenty of  power and speed....However, It has the sound similar to low octane, particularly under acceleration. I am using 92 Octane. Any thoughts? Is there a valve adjustment issue or is this normal ? #2: I'm getting vibration and chatter from the drive as I move from a stop. It eases  some after warm up. I have another drive belt on order in case that is the issue and have not yet taken the cover off. Do belts act like this when they wear? It seems like the mileage is  too low for problems like  this to show up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Belt and ???
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 03:23:15 AM »
..2006 with 2600 miles hasn't been ridden a lot...

..how many miles or kilometers have you ridden it??

..Welcome to th' Forum!..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Belt and ???
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 03:45:41 AM »
If you look under the General section of the forum you will find a thread "Links to manuals" Yours is in there. The valve adjustment is detailed, and very easy to do if you are just a little handy. The clutch may need to be cleaned w/ a little 600 grit emory paper, and denatured alcohol. They all shudder unless you really twist the power on. The belt is also a good idea as they tend to harden w/ time, and will slip. The cvt is straight forward by design, and once you get in there you will find nothing mystical about it. there are a lot of people here that just like to do the right thing, so feel free to post up any ?'s, and you will be loving that scoot in no time. Welcome aboard
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()