Author Topic: Riding in the rain sucks  (Read 2531 times)

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
Riding in the rain sucks
« on: June 10, 2010, 12:45:27 AM »
So i thought i'd be cool and ride in the rain today.  Rode to work, but it didn't rain.  When it was time to go home, it was pouring pretty hard.  Did not have 100% waterproof jacket, and it was COLD.  I was wet neck to toe.  Foggy full face helmet was hard to see through.  Plus, wet jeans suck!

Even worse, my cellphone got wet, now its all wonky. 

0BARK4322

• View Profile
Re: Riding in the rain sucks
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:52:58 AM »
RAIN PANT/JACKETTTTTTTTTT  :D      I DID
ALL STOCK

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 01:03:27 AM »
I did the same thing and had plans on leaving at noon but didn't get out till around 6pm due some complications on the job site so I got stuck driving home in the rain. The temperature dropping like a rock didn't help any either.
-Keith-

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 01:22:01 AM »
Wind shield a must in my neck of the woods,Just ordered a larger one ;D
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 02:45:26 AM »
^
How's that 70cc airsol kit treating ya?

I did the same thing and had plans on leaving at noon but didn't get out till around 6pm due some complications on the job site so I got stuck driving home in the rain. The temperature dropping like a rock didn't help any either.

Seriously, i didn't have any gloves on and they were about numb by the time i got home.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 03:01:34 AM »
The airsol been O'k. so far'don't be fooled by the picture it only has one ring.The pic I looked at had 2.Guess you have to specify!Ha.Was not happy at first,but I've been putting it through it's paces.I'm impressed so far.If I would have known I would have gone with the cast iron and two rings.Don't know if you read my thread on peoples 50 build,but realy 70+ is there,just went to new tires need some advice,Lost pep and top with bigger tires ???
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:11:12 AM »
I had the gloves but was frozen just the same by the time I got home. You would need waterproof gloves because it felt like I was wearing two wash cloths soaked in icewater. Must look into some rain gear for those occasions.
-Keith-

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »
yeah,riding in the rain sux hard BUT TRUST ME when i say that riding in a hail storm WAY SUX!!!!!!!    now that.. sux...lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Luke.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »
i try to avoid it but sometimes it has to be done D:
cornering in the rain near a petrol station at 35mph, not a good idea, don't attempt it ;)

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 03:15:22 PM »
You need a good rainsuit and waterproof boots.  Tall windshield helps a lot  (till you have to stop in traffic).  I use exam gloves pulled over my leather gloves to keep hands dry.  Most of all you got to get this stuff on before you hit rain.  I have a Nolan full face flip up helmet that has a fog shield on the inside of shield.  This helps a lot the with fogging up.  Once you got all that on and are dry underneath riding in the rain is not too bad.  Next thing is being careful because the road is wet and in some cases slicker especially if it has just started to rain.  I don't like to ride in the rain, but sometimes if you wanna ride you gotta deal with the rain.  I have a Motosport 2 piece suit that is completely water proof, pants are lined and jacket tucks in on its on built in pouch so you can take it off when it stops raining and wear it like a fanny pack.  Cost for the two pieces was about $150 10 years ago but it's still with me and has never leaked through many rides in the rain.  Hardest thing was finding waterproof boots that were really waterproof.  I have a pair from First Gear that are comfy and totally waterproof.  I tried many cheap rain suits over the years and Dry Rider wasn't bad but none lasted this long or were as comfy.  The good suits will breathe so you don't get a steam bath inside them.

A tip on getting the rain suit pants on fast is to carry a plastic bag from the grocery or Walmart.  Put the bag over your boots and they will slide through the rain suit pants in a breeze and when not raining you can stuff your rain gear in the bag to stow under the seat.  Nothing worse than seeing the rain coming and getting soaked while trying to get your boots through the rain suit pants.  :)
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
..it's 17 miles to work...

..one evening it was raining so hard a state trooper followed me for over 5 miles keeping the assholes off my ass...

..one day i made it all but about 1/4 mile from work...started dropping quarter sized drops, and before i made it to work i had water running down the crack of my ass....

..rain riding sux...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Luke.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 10:13:04 AM »
LOL ^
well the weather shouldn't be too bad now so i'll cope for the time being :)

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 01:58:56 PM »
I like the warm rain. But the blizzards only under shelter.

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 02:42:30 PM »
Yea i spent all my moneys on upgrades rather then rain suit, lol. 

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 07:44:22 PM »
So i thought i'd be cool and ride in the rain today.  Rode to work, but it didn't rain.  When it was time to go home, it was pouring pretty hard.  Did not have 100% waterproof jacket, and it was COLD.  I was wet neck to toe.  Foggy full face helmet was hard to see through.  Plus, wet jeans suck!

Even worse, my cellphone got wet, now its all wonky. 

Go 5-6 months back and look up threads, a lot of us are riding scoots also thru snow and ice. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()