Author Topic: Your mirrors ?  (Read 893 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Your mirrors ?
« on: August 01, 2016, 02:14:55 PM »
What are you seeing back there?

With my large frame I could see nothing behind me with my stock LIKE200i mirrors. The first thing I did was set about finding some mirrors that let me see a bunch of what is happening behind me.

After trying the unsatisfactory Chinese mirror 'extenders' - I found these long-stemmed Italian mirrors. No uglier than the 'extenders', and the glass can be swung very close to my forward line of sight, while still seeing past my shoulder.

Here he comes....

Look for 10mm mirror stems, rather than 8mm,  to lessen vibration and blurred image.
There are solutions other than those billet extenders : I found exact chrome shaft additions for my Burgman mirrors; and an OEM mirror from a Honda motorcycle with a longer stem for my Forza scooter.
Stig

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:21:23 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Re: Your mirrors ?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:53:21 PM »
Nice mod, and advice. I once heard to aim your mirrors so you can see part of what’s behind you and the lanes next to you if possible. On the DT the turn signals are embedded in the mirrors, so an upgrade whole mean a lot more non-stock items and re-wiring. I set them the best I can, and shoulder check.

- Wolf

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 07:51:37 PM »
After playing around with the stock mirrors on my Like I finally found the perfection position to be able to see what's in the lane next to me a behind me. I have marked the postion with a perm marker I occassional remark as it's not so permanent. I like to swap them out for rectangular shape mirrors where I can attach those wide angle mirror insets to increase my field of view. But mirrors alone aren't enough. The best assurance I have is to turn my head to confirm there is no one in the lane next to me.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 10:45:17 AM »
After playing around with the stock mirrors on my Like I finally found the perfection position to be able to see what's in the lane next to me a behind me. I have marked the postion with a perm marker I occassional remark as it's not so permanent. I like to swap them out for rectangular shape mirrors where I can attach those wide angle mirror insets to increase my field of view. But mirrors alone aren't enough. The best assurance I have is to turn my head to confirm there is no one in the lane next to me.
Absolutely. ...head check!
No matter how attentive I think that I am being to my mirrors....someone can be therr beside me.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()