Author Topic: hi,, I have an 07 kymco 500,, the miles per gallon seems to suck,, anyone else?  (Read 2430 times)

bikersteve

• View Profile

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
xciting 500?  How many MPG?  And have you broken it in?

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Seems to,  yes, but several owners have pointed out that the gauge is just lousy.  It'll drop like a rock for the first gallon or so, but even when it shows near the bottom white line, you still have almost 2 gallons in the tank.  Mine does it too. 

It scares me and I fill up every day!   :D  But it only takes less than a gallon and a half to fill up at that point. 

I haven't checked my mileage but those who have say they get anywhere from 55 to 65 mpg. 

Some owners have said they don't go by the gauge but rather by the odometer since the last fill up.

InfernoST

• View Profile
You should try using Fuelly to keep track of and monitor your fuel consumption, it's a good site www.Fuelly.com.
-Keith-

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Heck, I only get 55mpg average on my People 250. Getting that on a bike with double the displacement and more than 100lbs. more weight would be freakin' amazing, I would think.

None of the bikes "in the real world" I track at Fuelly come close to the sales brochure MPG figures.

ts1

• View Profile
I really doubt that anybody gets 65mpg (US) with an Xciting 500 2007 (carburetor I assume). But should be possible with the 250 or 300i and cruising.

My 20000km average (with the 500 carb.) is 4.9 litre / 100km = 48 mpg (US).
Driving without pillion with small (50cc) scooters the mileage approaches 60 mpg.
Driving with motorcycles it drops to 40 mpg.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:42:03 PM by ts1 »

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
I am around 45 on average.  Sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more depending on where I am riding.  That's with the Dr Pulley 28 g sliders in the variator. 
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

InfernoST

• View Profile
I'm 175 cc's and my MPG has been as low as 58 and as high as 75. The higher MPG came from mostly highway driving.
-Keith-

0BARK4322

• View Profile
:o
500 CC IS A BIG ENGINE FOR A SCOOTER (COMPARE TO THE 50-150CC) SO IT WILL DRINK MORE THEN THE SMALLER ONE  :'(
ALL STOCK

OLDRIDER

• View Profile
I have an 09 Kymco 500 and my milage is running between 42 and 45 miles per gallon. My driving is for the most part stop and go and short trips less than 15 miles. I am a big guy which probably contibutes to lower milage, but I do keep my milage religiously. I have around 1600 miles on the scooter. I use premium gas and try not to let the tank get much below 1/2 full. I find once the gas indicator start to drop below 1/2 full it drops really quickly. With a 500 cc bike 40 miles to the gallon seem reasonable.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
...you guys should be proud...

..i only get around 45-50 mpg on my A50....

:-\
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()