Author Topic: What's your dream scooter  (Read 3794 times)

PaulF

• View Profile
What's your dream scooter
« on: August 27, 2016, 11:23:54 AM »
Whilst I love my Kymco LIKE a BMW C650 Sport would be my dream scooter to own.  Well out of my price range at present.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:34:23 AM by PaulF »

beermak

• View Profile
Re: What's your dream scooter
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 12:29:09 PM »
+1 on that c650 and id like to add its amazing akrapovic you can get with it!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »
i’ll second that, if money were no object. It’s a sweet bike.

- Wolf

nushipwright

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 03:27:58 PM »
The beamer looks nice but the Yamaha  T max aint bad either.
To stay faithful to the brand the K50 from Kymco looks very promising too...
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”  - Mark Twain
. mostly 2up city

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 11:45:31 PM »
The beamer looks nice but the Yamaha  T max aint bad either.
To stay faithful to the brand the K50 from Kymco looks very promising too...

TMax.
If the K50 comes as is its a winner for me.

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 01:27:25 AM »
I wish someone would sell a small 155cc or so sporty scooter in the US that would top out at around 65-70, have good brakes and suspension, a decent size gas tank and good gas mileage.  It would also help if I fit on it and it looked good.  I know I'm asking a lot but I'm guessing that there are a few scooters that would work for me sold overseas.  A movie 150 with fuel injection and a 65 MPH top speed would be pretty close to what I want.  Right now the two scooters at the top of my list to replace my Super 8 are the Genuine Hooligan and Yamaha Smax.  However, neither are exactly what I want.  I planning on keeping the Super 8 at least another year. 

I already have a maxi scooter (Majesty) with only 8500 miles on it.  When I get it up to around 50,000 I'll think about replacing it.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 02:52:32 AM »
I wish someone would sell a small 155cc or so sporty scooter in the US that would top out at around 65-70, have good brakes and suspension, a decent size gas tank and good gas mileage.  It would also help if I fit on it and it looked good.  I know I'm asking a lot but I'm guessing that there are a few scooters that would work for me sold overseas.  A movie 150 with fuel injection and a 65 MPH top speed would be pretty close to what I want.  Right now the two scooters at the top of my list to replace my Super 8 are the Genuine Hooligan and Yamaha Smax.  However, neither are exactly what I want.  I planning on keeping the Super 8 at least another year. 

I already have a maxi scooter (Majesty) with only 8500 miles on it.  When I get it up to around 50,000 I'll think about replacing it.

What about the Hond PCX 150   http://powersports.honda.com/2016/pcx.aspx

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 03:17:42 AM »
What about the Hond PCX 150   http://powersports.honda.com/2016/pcx.aspx

It feels weird when I sit on it and I hate linked brakes.  It does have a great powertrain.  Also, the local Honda dealer sucks.  The local Yamaha/Genuine dealer is great.  I haven't totally ruled out the PCX but it's not likely.  Perhaps if they add ABS I could live with the linked brakes. 

Also, like my Super 8 the PCX has unusual sized tires limiting the choice of tires available here in the US.  I also prefer a flat floor because I use it all the time to carry stuff. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 03:21:31 AM »
I'll take whatever Honda replaces the SilverWing with.
If they do not ....I'll take a white or red SH300i Honda....and go quietly into the Home a couple decades from now.
Stig
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 04:26:16 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 01:14:22 PM »
Klaviator, they're no longer sold in the US or Canada, but if you can find one, look at the yager GT 200i. It's actually a 180 cc, but can go 70, 70 mpg with great storage and handling.

- Wolf

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 02:41:01 PM »
It feels weird when I sit on it and I hate linked brakes.  It does have a great powertrain.  Also, the local Honda dealer sucks.  The local Yamaha/Genuine dealer is great.  I haven't totally ruled out the PCX but it's not likely.  Perhaps if they add ABS I could live with the linked brakes. 

Also, like my Super 8 the PCX has unusual sized tires limiting the choice of tires available here in the US.  I also prefer a flat floor because I use it all the time to carry stuff.

What do the linked brakes do or don't do that put you off it.  I sat on a PCX at a Honda dealer in town and like it but maybe my height and weight suit it better than yours.  I thought that the view from the mirrors was really good.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
What do the linked brakes do or don't do that put you off it.  I sat on a PCX at a Honda dealer in town and like it but maybe my height and weight suit it better than yours.  I thought that the view from the mirrors was really good.

There are several types of linked brakes but the most common is where the rear brake lever is also linked to the front brakes.  This is what is on the PCX and most Honda scooters.  This system is designed to help out those riders who don't know how to use their brakes.   It also takes away some of the riders control over the brakes.  On dry pavement it's no big deal and I doubt most people would even notice the brakes are linked.  On a slippery surface it's dangerous as you really can't control how much braking is going to each wheel and can't use only the rear brake if that's what you want to do.  You will not find this system on any motorcycle designed to go off road for this reason.  (that I know of).  Basically I consider this "dumbing down" the braking system.  There is no real benefit to linked brakes for an experienced rider, unlike ABS.  While I could learn to live with it I really don't want to.  I put 72,000 miles on a motorcycle with linked brakes.  I loved the bike but hated the brakes.  I decided never again.  It's one of my pet peeves. 

As far as I know, no Kymco Scooters have linked brakes. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 09:56:13 PM »

Kinda sounds like you're describing the Yamaha SMAX to a greater extent.
Personally though I'd prefer more big wheel scoots, like maybe the yamaha Xcenter, but since they don't seem to do well in this country I doubt we'll see it.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 10:00:38 PM »
I'll take my Movie 150 but replace the carbureted 149cc engine and replace it with an injected 200-250cc engine to make a true small sporty scooter. Or ill take a RacingKing 180 and an Xciting 500Ri.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 12:51:41 AM »
There are several types of linked brakes but the most common is where the rear brake lever is also linked to the front brakes.  This is what is on the PCX and most Honda scooters.  This system is designed to help out those riders who don't know how to use their brakes.   It also takes away some of the riders control over the brakes.  On dry pavement it's no big deal and I doubt most people would even notice the brakes are linked.  On a slippery surface it's dangerous as you really can't control how much braking is going to each wheel and can't use only the rear brake if that's what you want to do.  You will not find this system on any motorcycle designed to go off road for this reason.  (that I know of).  Basically I consider this "dumbing down" the braking system.  There is no real benefit to linked brakes for an experienced rider, unlike ABS.  While I could learn to live with it I really don't want to.  I put 72,000 miles on a motorcycle with linked brakes.  I loved the bike but hated the brakes.  I decided never again.  It's one of my pet peeves. 

As far as I know, no Kymco Scooters have linked brakes.

Thank you,  wasn't aware of that and glad I know now as the PCX was on my list of scooters that I would buy.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()