Author Topic: KYMCO Pulsar 125cc (2010)  (Read 10792 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: KYMCO Pulsar 125cc (2010)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 12:03:09 AM »
..nice looking bike!!

..maybe a bigger rear tire...or it might jus be th' camera angle...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 07:35:29 AM »
Very sporty looking! I love the fairing on the head lamp! That definitely looks like a much bigger bike. There are no restrictions on that model, so you can cross that off the to=do list. Butttttt, You could always add a pipe/carb/open filter, and fiddle w/ the gear ratio's. I would expect 80mph out of it.

ok... I'm not experienced with motorbikes! Just know how to ride them... Lol
I was told that all bikes were restricted. Shows how much i know.
definately gonna get into the scene as i've spoke to a few of my mates (who have said to me in a surprised manner they never thought i'd be the type to ride a motorbike) and found out they've got 125 cc bikes too.

the gear ratio is quite close and the bike takes off very quickly! The only gears which are really stretched are 4th and 5th. I think it will definately be able to get at least 75mph out of it as the other day i went upto 65mph without realising, and that was uphill.(So much for keeping to 40mph to break the engine in hey) Keeping a close eye on my speed from now on

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 04:14:49 AM »
Opening it up for short bursts is a good thing. The engine won't be "stressed" when you finish the break in period. I ALWAYS run them hard, as if it is going to break I want it to be sooner than later. Warranty is a good thing!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »
ok people how you all doing today... I finally managed to get some free time to post up the rest of the pics of my bike. please go to the eye candy topic in the home page to view them...

Thanks for looking....

sample Pic -

pagant

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »
Hi Zombie, I have had my Pulsar for three weeks now and had it run in at ten days,I am retired and so have plenty of time,as you surmise it will spin up to 80mph on a fast road but I do not recommend it ,much better to cruise between 50 & 60mph and enjoy the ride. I have just on 1600 ks on the clock and am getting 115 miles to the gallon I have thought about pipe,air filter,jet mod or as we call it in H-D world Stage One but why mess with good mpg ?.
   Stay safe ,Regards Pagant...

crismdq

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 01:51:13 AM »
Hello scorpion, i have the same bike since two weeks. I really love it. I want to ask one thing. Do you know how to remove the front mask to replace the light bulb? I do not need to do it, just wondering how to do it in case it burns.
Regards
Cristian

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »
Hello scorpion, i have the same bike since two weeks. I really love it. I want to ask one thing. Do you know how to remove the front mask to replace the light bulb? I do not need to do it, just wondering how to do it in case it burns.

is it the exact same model headlight... or is it the basic one? if its the same as mine then you'll see two (2) 10ml set of bolts either side of the headlight brackets. Remove the top bolts (1 each side ) and slighty loosen the bottom ones,then the whole headlight unit will tilt forward. After this you'll see a large round rubber cover,pull this off and behind this is the headlight bulb secured by a clip. just do the reverse to put everything back together again. PS... where about are you from. I'm from Birmingham,UK and my dealers charge £5.50p for a headlight bulb. It would blow roughly about every 4-5 months.It blew day before yesterday as a metter of fact,and i got fed up of paying £5.50p each time so went to a car auto shop and got a normal 12v headlight bulb.The standard bike bulb is 35w bright & 12v the car bulb is 55w & 12v also and only £2. Therefore i'd advise you to get a car headlight bulb as long as it is 12v. Hope you enjoy your experience and let me know how your getting on with your bike as there isn't much kymco pulsar 125 riders about. Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:55:15 AM by scorpion_uk24 »

crismdq

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »
Thank you very much. I see its needed a really long screwdriver, magnetic if i want to put the screws back  ;D. I love the bike, it's my 1st bike since ages! I used to ride an Honda Elite 80 scooter in 90's.
Regards
Cristian

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 03:26:09 PM »
That is a great looking bike!  Reminds me a lot of a Suzi Bandit - but not all bloated.  I bet that thing is absolutely a BLAST to ride.

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »
Thank you very much. I see its needed a really long screwdriver, magnetic if i want to put the screws back  ;D. I love the bike, it's my 1st bike since ages! I used to ride an Honda Elite 80 scooter in 90's.

No Problem mate!

Don't quite follow exactly what you mean about the long screwdriver though.There is nothing needed to be taken off with a screwdriver. just remove the top 10ml nuts either side of the bracket,loosen the bottom two nuts either side so that you can tilt the whole headlight unit,then lift the big rubber cover,then the metal clip/harnace holding the bulb in.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:13:04 PM by scorpion_uk24 »

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:23 AM »
That is a great looking bike!  Reminds me a lot of a Suzi Bandit - but not all bloated.  I bet that thing is absolutely a BLAST to ride.

It is quite a nice ride to be honest, mine is due its 2nd service now(which is booked in for this saturday). i the only problem i've really had is the headlight bulb blowing every 3-4 months and the large right side bolt from the handlebars to the fork has raised a few mm(will be retorqued while being service),also my brake light is constantly on but i think this is a build up of dirt or grease within the braking system(again will be sorted whilst serviced).The bike is still under warranty so hopefully don't have to dip into my pockets!!!!!!!!

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 10:36:14 AM »
to crismdq, how are you getting on with your machine and are you enjoying it? any stories or experinces while riding that you'd like to share with the forum or anything? Cheers mate. and hope everyone in the whole forum is good!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()