Author Topic: Windshield for the S250  (Read 6053 times)

Joebug

• View Profile
Windshield for the S250
« on: September 02, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »
Hey People S250 owners... I can't seem to find a windshield for my scooter....has anyone had any luck with a model that can be retrofitted? Every place I call has nothing and they tell me "Oh somebody else just called looking too" so there is a demand for them but nothing available..  Givi still sells the windscreen but the hardware kit is no longer available...I have located several places overseas that has them but they are very pricey non responsive or will not ship to USA.
Why is it that this model has little to no accessories? I'm kind of disappointed with this.

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
Re: Windshield for the S250
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 11:14:37 PM »
There are a couple of them for the S series, but I'm not dead sure if it'd fit the S 250.

This is the one for my s200 (If you're in the Seattle area we can hook up and see if it'd go)
https://www.scooterworks.com/Cuppini-Windscreen-Large-Kymco-People-S-P6863.aspx

if your front end has the three screws in the bottom like the rest of the S series it should work with a bit of jiggering.
Please note, this is a HUGE screen.  I took it off cuz it was too high.  If I put it back on I'm cutting it down.  Not insanely hard to do, but I haven't gotten around to it since my s200 isn't my primary ride.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

Joebug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 11:57:15 PM »
Hey Tromper thanks for the reply....I tried that one...had to send it back... it just wouldn't fit at all...the plastic piece around the headlight on the S250 is wider than the s200 and the mirrors are in different positions and that is where the rear supports attach to...it didn't line up there and the mirrors were hitting on the shield...From the picture you would think it would fit by moving the turn signals but unfortunately it just wouldnt work at all...also the 3 mounting holes in the front are not in the exact place... they wouldn't line up. Even if I were to cut it etc.. It is a large windshield and without the supports from behind at the mirror position the wind force would probably snap it off and decapitate me...lol .... I want to try the Puig model 4402w but maybe someone tried it already? I'm just not close enough to any scooter supply shops and return shipping is going to start adding up here...lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:00:07 AM by Joebug »

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 01:31:04 AM »
Are they far enough apart to redrill the two outer holes, maybe rework the mirror supports?
Beyond that or maybe the Puig, or try to jigger the old givi kit together with existing kits.
That's been done with the HD200, so could be doable with some careful mucking about.

Joebug

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »
I found another cuppini shield over seas I am looking into...just have to see if it is in stock. It is made specifically for the S250 so no mucking about...lol.  not sure why it's not being imported over here. I'll keep in mind the mucking about if need be though...

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 05:45:31 AM »
I have the 4402w for mine. I put the shield in the oven to get more of a natural bend to fit the contour better, works okay and a decent summer shield. Better if it angled up more instead of back but it is one that can be made to fit, I think I trimmed mine to fit better.

I have the Givi also, I now what you mean with the companies overseas, I may have bought the last fit kit. I found a fella from another forum who assisted with the purchase of the fit kit and forwarded it to me. He ran into issues also so I had to find another one in another country, ship it to him in France and than to me in the USA. The Givi is large and needs to be cut down for me, I like looking over and not through the shield.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 06:00:00 AM »
I found another cuppini shield over seas I am looking into...just have to see if it is in stock. It is made specifically for the S250 so no mucking about...lol.  not sure why it's not being imported over here. I'll keep in mind the mucking about if need be though...

Poifect.  Please reply back when ya get it to tell how it goes.

:)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 03:02:59 PM »
I used a Puig for the S200. Had instructions to modify ( sanding holes) to retrofit to the S250. Worked well, but- need to use care to make it look good (mine was a bit messy due to being a bit off on my measurements- couldn't tell unless you were up close) .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Joebug

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 11:56:16 PM »
Hey Tlram1,

Do you have any pictures of that Puig installed on your scoot? I'd be very interested to see it mounted up... Getting that model in the USA is a hassle, no one seems to carry them or any windshield for the S250. There is another one made by Isotta (cuppini) I am looking into....its larger like the givi and I will probably have to relocate the us standard signals but that's no problem.

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 07:16:22 AM »
I don't see that I have any, I will need to take some the next time the shield is on, I may buy another and try to mold it differently, we will see. IIRC, Columbia has the shield, I have photos of the Givi cut down from someone else.

I can probably take a photo of it up next to the scooter if you like.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Joebug

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 07:19:31 PM »
Nobody is carrying any shield for the S250 anymore....I guess its just not worth keeping in inventory. however, I did order an Isotta windshield from a guy in Italy. I will have to relocate the turn signals...but I dont like them where they are anyhow. I have plans to move them in the European spot with some LED's...here is a quick pic of the shield I purchased. should be here in a week or so...

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 05:48:03 AM »
Another option>>> You can cut the wings/ears off the shield and all is good. Someone modified their Givi shield like that.

How much was the shield with shipping? Hope it arrives in one piece, we don't ship shields overseas for that reason.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

mystika

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 08:04:23 PM »
I have a brand new--still in box-- Puig (567OH) but I sold the scoot I bought it for. It's the smoke color and quite short. The scoot that I had last year was the 200i. IF you follow this link, you can input your bike type and see if it would fit your bike  http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/trafic/c171en/f201-r27/  (otherwise just search for 567OH or "Trafic" [yes, one "f" on the puig usa site]. )

Joebug

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
The windshield cost €117 euros...about $130 usd. Not too bad considering I just returned one that cost $125... I too hope it arrives in one piece...lol I will let you know how I make out.

I would have trimmed down a Givi if I could have obtained the support brackets... If you look at that picture you can see he trimmed it but still used the brackets for support. The givi support brackets part# a438a have been discontinued.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:27:18 PM by Joebug »

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 09:05:05 AM »
Yes I searched the world over not long ago I might add and found a set or two of the Givi mounts, had to get another forum member overseas to help procure the mounts and forward to myself.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()