Author Topic: Motorcycle Guy Looking at a Used GT300i  (Read 2531 times)

SteveADV

• View Profile
Re: Motorcycle Guy Looking at a Used GT300i
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 12:59:51 AM »
Thanks, TJ. Good to know. Don't have my owners manual with me at the moment, at what mileage should a gear oil change take place?

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 04:30:03 AM »
... Don't have my owners manual with me at the moment, at what mileage should a gear oil change take place?
Most of us just change the gear oil when we change the engine oil, usually every 600-1000 miles. Getting a larger plastic syringe from, say, a veterinarian, will help you measure it out correctly and get it into the hole without spilling a bunch. Both the engine and gear oil changes are super simple. If I can do it, anyone can. (And I'm pretty bad at the whole picture posting thing, too, so don't feel bad.) Thanks for sharing your riding impressions with us.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 03:01:37 PM »
So you are shaming me into not only doing service work but also learning high tech stuff like adding pictures. Well, if the service work is simple enough for me to do, I can find someone to do it for me.

As to the pictures, I like your idea about someone that can also teach me the finer things in life.
Teenagers - I use them all the time for Tech Support. They know this stuff - they can no longer climb trees or play in the dirt like I used to - but they can make a cake with a cell phone - and get my printer talking with my fax, wifi and ice maker. God knew we couldn't figure this stuff out - so He sprinkled teenagers around the neighborhoods.
No shame in it.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
Teenagers - I use them all the time for Tech Support. They know this stuff - they can no longer climb trees or play in the dirt like I used to - but they can make a cake with a cell phone - and get my printer talking with my fax, wifi and ice maker. God knew we couldn't figure this stuff out - so He sprinkled teenagers around the neighborhoods.
No shame in it.
Stig

Ha....Best explanation yet of why we have teenagers around ;D

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 03:43:35 AM »
Test pictures.   Hey, I think I finally figured this thing out (photobucket IMG code).

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 11:29:10 PM »
Great looking scooter you have there! I've always envied a P GT300i since I lost my P 150 in a wreck. Probably one of  the best all-around scooters on the market. Enjoy it, and ride safe!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 01:59:35 AM »
Thanks, G. Been a blast so far. The around town handling has been as good as expected while I have actually been a little surprised at how planted it feels on the highway at 70+.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 10:28:29 AM »
Thanks, G. Been a blast so far. The around town handling has been as good as expected while I have actually been a little surprised at how planted it feels on the highway at 70+.

AND ...and, you can get them with a nice gas grill mounted on the seat!
Pretty dad gum cool.
Those Taiwanians are always a step ahead....the New  Japan!@!
easily amazed Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()