Author Topic: Auto shops vs Scooter shops  (Read 2027 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Auto shops vs Scooter shops
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 11:35:41 PM »
I appreciate your input, Bill. However, while there are really good, caring and ethical doc's out there the reality is there are temptations provided by the pharma folks and , let's say for example the MRI owners. We are aware of the $500 "incentive" provided to doc's for getting patients to do the MRI, whether needed or not. You and the missus are right on the money for walking away from mechs/techs that do what you described. Scooter techs seem to be worse for diagnosing some malady in a scoot that requires major repair parts and labor unnecessary. Any car or scoot owner unfamiliar with the basics is a potential target. Same is true with patients and doc's.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 02:22:26 AM »
A few things that bother me to no end. 1. A mechanic who rips off a customer who trusts him. 2. A customer who treats me as if I'm a crook simply because I'm a mechanic. 2a. A customer who is nasty to me because HIS car is broken or needs something he didn't know it needed. 3. A customer who takes advantage of a mechanic who trusts HIM or her. 4. A mechanic who takes advantage of a customer simply because that customer has no mechanical knowledge or aptitude. 5. A customer who bad mouths a mechanic who actually tried to give him a break.

I remember a customer who was on hard times. I gave him a $100  break on a $500 repair bill. And I let him owe me $100 on the remaining $400 because he needed his car badly and had a good sob story. Prior to that he had been riding a shuttle. Well he didn't pay me the remainder. AND he  and his wife separated, so she confiscated the car. So he went back to riding the shuttle. When asked why, he told them that FORBES GARAGE had ripped him off . And his car was still inoperative. Little did he know that my AUNT was also a passenger. So she told me what he said ,and she told the REAL story to the other passengers. His wife ended up paying me the balance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 10:34:53 AM »
My old VW shop used to take payments...if they knew you.
They were the men who convinced me how easy Bosch EFI was to diagnose and repair.
Sold me forever on EFI.
Funny guys - sometimes I had to argue with them to get things done. They'd tell me no, you don't need that...we just snugged it up a bit. Maybe next year you'll need a new one.
I used to bring them donuts and juice.
Of course,  they're gone now - like my VWs.
BTW...best place to buy sell anything VW is www.thesamba.com. .
Stig
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:39:51 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()