Author Topic: Stator  (Read 1121 times)

carmen007

• View Profile
Stator
« on: September 15, 2016, 04:43:11 AM »
Is there a proper way to install the stator. Is there a video for the kymco Downtown/ Gt300i. Looked at service manual, not enough detail. I replaced the stator. now it wont turn over. I don't know if i off by 120 degrees.  Looking for some better pictures.

Thanks for any help.
2013 Kymco People GT 300I
14g Dr pulley

2009 Schwinn Newport 150
2012 Genuine Buddy 125

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Stator
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:18:04 PM »
Is there a proper way to install the stator. Is there a video for the kymco Downtown/ Gt300i. Looked at service manual, not enough detail. I replaced the stator. now it wont turn over. I don't know if i off by 120 degrees.  Looking for some better pictures.

Thanks for any help.

Check for blown fuses... next

*I think* The scooter should turn over even if the stator is not even hooked up. When you turn the scoot key on and press either or both brake levers does the rear brake light come on?  If it does it should turn over even if the kickstand is down and the on/off switch is off (of course it would not be able to start). 

Do you have any idea why the stator failed?  How many miles on the scoot?  If there is an unresolved issue (besides wear from high miles or excessive power use by electrical add-ons the new stator could fail too).  I have not replaced a stator in a long time so I can't offer advice except youtube it.  It should be a straight forward bolt on same location as the old on.  A friend replaced on at my house on another friends bike - an ancent 1992 CBR600 with 52K miles on it.  He had it in and out in 30 min or so and been working great the past 2K miles / 5 months. 

Often the stator has 5 wires - green for ground and the other 4 are used in pairs.  Two go straight to the CDI (ignitions module) and deliver AC power to it (yes oddly many CDI's run on AC not DC!).  The other two or sometimes 3 wires go to the Rectifier / Regulator where the AC voltage of 20V & 80v is lowered to 14v and converted (Rectified) to DC. 

Maybe someone on the forum can take their stator cover off and take a picture and post it.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()