Author Topic: K-PIPEs for sale & a Majesty trike  (Read 916 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
K-PIPEs for sale & a Majesty trike
« on: September 29, 2016, 05:41:46 PM »
Stopped at my dealer today to look and ask about a new rear City Grip for my LIKE200i ("No difference in prices for tire or installation " if I bring one in or buy it from them. "$109.oo for the tire" - which is why I'll be buying it on Amazon )
Did find a good 1/2 price mark-down on a new hi-viz FIRSTGEAR mesh jacket. Mine is nearly 4 yrs old and faded. $79.oo.
And spotted all three of the Grom-like bikes on the floor. A used Honda Grom for $2500.oo; a pair of new Kymco K-Pipes for $1999.00; and the Kawasaki mini for $2999.oo
Was most impressed with the heft, length, big wheels, and details of the $2000 Kymco bike. Sure it was probably cranked out in China - but so was my LIKE and I have no issues with the build quality after nearly 4 yrs of ownership.
Yeah, the other two looked to be pretty darn solid buys, too.....but I'd want that K-Pipe if I were a foot shorter.
Good looking little bike, that Kymco. Might be pretty darn close in size to the Honda 90 I started out on in the 60's. Certainly less "mini" than the other two.

And found this pretty white Majesty in the used section. Salesman said the prev. owner just put on the $5000.00 training wheels. Selling for $5999.oo now.

They also had a new Burgman matte black Executive for a billion $; and a funky off-white used Burg 650...."ask for price". No thanks.
I liked the little Kymco bike. Wonder how it stacks up to the very pretty SYM Wolf?
Transferred my orange pads from the old Firstgear to the new - and now have 2 back pads in there! Look like Superman.
Fun to visit the dealer.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

blue

• View Profile
Re: K-PIPEs for sale & a Majesty trike
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 09:07:02 AM »
I like the k pipes.I have been looking at the new adly scoots.and also the syms wolf pack .thhey look nice but will they hold up.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 10:49:17 AM »
I'm 5'8" and fit the K-pipe pretty good.
Rode one a few weeks ago and showed great restraint in not taking it home. It's a nice ride but I cant shift the damn thing to well and the foot brake is a issue for me. Saftey problem Ya think ?

Also no real good reason to own it. Now if I needed a light nimble bike for a rack on the back of the truck etc this would be a first choice. Also not bad foe the kid that doesn't want a scoot but wants small and inexpensive.

The SYM Wolf is soo pretty but it's a SYM....
I know I've beat the "I love SYM" drum for years not liking what I'm seeing at some dealers as of late.

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »
I like the k pipe scoots.But they are made for short distance.I ride all year.and rather have a scoot thats made for comfort.takeing a k pipe on more the a 45 min ride would kill your back.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()