Author Topic: ?? Your best scooter ride Coffee ??  (Read 4283 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
?? Your best scooter ride Coffee ??
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:13:09 AM »
I've four nearby coffee shops, and two chain franchises that I frequent for coffee.
The latter 2 are McDonald's and Tim Horton.
I'd rate the service and coffee as being nearly equal....with Tim's coffee being just a touch better for my tastes. I like strong coffee.

TH has lost my morning business until they return the umbrellas to the patio tables.
Sitting in the open with dew forming on me at sunrise is a deal breaker. McDonald's has an overhanging roof.

What's your favorite scootering stop for coffee? Can you sit outside?
Stig
PS: none of these places any longer freak when I walk in geared up.
Different story, early on.....
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: ?? Your best scooter ride Coffee ??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 01:29:35 PM »
Hope to join you for one of those morning coffee clatches but looks like "later" since I am taking care of a niehbor's place while is working on the road. Been decades since I ever went to a place to have coffee and shoot the breeze with someone.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:39:14 PM »
Downtown Bangor,Maine @ West Market Square Artisan Coffeehouse. Outdoor and homemade pastries/scones,etc.

Seldom buy pre-made coffee. College students prefer to brew their own. Get it the way WE want it and at much less cost.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:37:51 PM by bluesin »
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 04:46:05 PM »
I have many to choose from.I live in a neighbor hood of a mall and many stores.But yet the drive to the closrs scooter store is miles away.somday a scooter store might open a coffe house......lol

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 06:04:00 PM »
I’m more of a diner guy, than a coffee house one. There’s a diner in our next town that opens at 6. We had a 24 hour diner, but it had fire 2 years ago. Both have (had) good coffee. The local convenient story in our area is called Wawa. They also have pretty good coffee, with lots of choices. Their current deal is $1.00 for any size coffee --12 oz to 24.

- Wolf

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 06:05:46 PM »
I don't drink coffee so I ride past thinking for the price of a cup I can fill my tank. ;D

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 01:46:00 AM »
Ha...Interesting question. Never thought about it, but, yeah, I too have coffee shops that are an excuse to ride. I haven't had my gt300 long enough to have regular stops with that bike, but probably  will continue to use Starbucks as my destinations more than any other place. Great to sit there and mess around with my iPad, or maybe just relax and think about trips on the bikes, family, sports, politics, zombie apocalypses, etc.

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 02:08:10 AM »
Tough to answer cuz there are good ones everywhere around here, & I rarely ride for just coffee.

Probably the most common couple I ride to when just going for a cup is the Red Cup Cafe in Mukilteo.
Great view of the sound (Actually views where the Cannonball ended this year).  Good coffee, mediocre (IMHO) food, but the view makes it a stop, & there are some pleasant roads to run on the way there, & from there if ya know your way around.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/red-cup-cafe-mukilteo

The other place is a hair closer to me just north of Seattle.  The Richmond Beach Coffee Company.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/richmond-beach-coffee-company-shoreline
Good food, great coffee.  A bit breezy in the winter, but near some good views & fun roads.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

scrollderf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 02:45:11 AM »
Have a TH 3km away, but my Buddies are at the McDonalds 7.5km away. Good excuse to ride farther. But -7.5C this morning is getting near my self-imposed limit of -10C. The DT has good protection and I added hand guards to deflect the wind. That has made a big difference on the cold morning around freezing or lower. McD coffee is my preferred choice in the poll. I usually hit McD four mornings a week. Great waste of time, but we solve the world's problems each morning. Even from here in Canada we can solve your Trump (situation, problem, solution, or whatever you want to call it).
Formerly 03 AA500 now DT300

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 05:25:00 AM »
We have a Starbucks about 1.5 miles from our house, and one of the baristas there rides an old Honda Helix (think "Larry Crown"), so there is a kindred spirit and lots of scooter conversations when we roll up on our scoots. And the cup holder on my scooter fits a "grande" size cup perfectly.  :)
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 10:13:19 AM »
Cup of coffee and a scooter.
Perfect.
Neither has to be expensive.
Who invented coffee. ...and what the heck did they ride before the Italians invented the scooter?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 07:02:32 PM »
Perfect.
Neither has to be expensive.
Who invented coffee. ...and what the heck did they ride before the Italians invented the scooter?
Stig

- Abyssinian  (Ethiopian) Monks.
- Bicycles, & livestock.

These answers brought you by Nerds who take things literally.
Nerds.  Infesting the interweb since before you knew it existed. :)
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 08:57:21 PM »
Perfect....
For sure.

...Neither has to be expensive....
For sure, here too!

...Who invented coffee. ...and what the heck did they ride before the Italians invented the scooter?...

Chinese folks riding bikes made in Taiwan.  ;D

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 10:18:51 AM »
We have a Starbucks about 1.5 miles from our house, and one of the baristas there rides an old Honda Helix (think "Larry Crown"), so there is a kindred spirit and lots of scooter conversations when we roll up on our scoots. And the cup holder on my scooter fits a "grande" size cup perfectly.  :)
I've  instructed my daughter to increase my medication if i ever put a cup holder on my scooter, wear a Tie-Dyed wife beater,  shorts down to my black sox, mandles, or go to the Mall with my jeans unzipped more than 3 times in a week.
And if I do all of these things at once....it is a symptom  that I'm gonna be a runner again. (last time, I joined the circus as a barker for The Yak Lady)
Just say'n....
Stig
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:07:00 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 01:07:36 PM »
I've  instructed my daughter to increase my medication if i ever put a cup holder on my scooter

You're a hoot dude. Had a ram mount cup holder on my Burgman for long distance touring and got one for my SW but never installed. You can have it if you want or ever get to that geriatric stage. Personally, I like that clean uncluttered look. I've got friends with Burgman's with satellite radios, bike to bike radios, gps and cup holders with a spaghetti of wires all over the cockpit.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()