Author Topic: ?? Your best scooter ride Coffee ??  (Read 4291 times)

SteveADV

• View Profile
Re: ?? Your best scooter ride Coffee ??
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 02:20:03 AM »
...Personally, I like that clean uncluttered look....

+1

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »
I've  instructed my daughter to increase my medication if i ever put a cup holder on my scooter...
Well, I only partake of the drink in the cup holder at a few of the notoriously-long-red-light-intersections we have, or when I get to a parking lot...kind of a reward for driving correctly and arriving safely at my destination. Besides, it's a way to rub it in to the motorcyclists that they can't carry squat on their machines like a scooter can - gotta grab that superiority wherever we can, you know.  ;)
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 02:46:45 AM »
Besides, it's a way to rub it in to the motorcyclists that they can't carry squat on their machines like a scooter can - gotta grab that superiority wherever we can, you know.  ;)
One day, as kids,  my brother and I towed our plywood coaster a few miles to ride down the very long driveways of  mansions along the Scioto river in Columbus, OH. A kid came out riding on his twin-engine go-cart....he sat and watched us for awhile and asked us to let him have some turns 'driving' our coaster...it was his driveway.
After awhile he invited us home for lunch....where his Dad walked in with a TV star.
Are coasters like scooters & go-carts like motorcycles?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
Well, I only partake of the drink in the cup holder at a few of the notoriously-long-red-light-intersections we have, or when I get to a parking lot...kind of a reward for driving correctly and arriving safely at my destination. Besides, it's a way to rub it in to the motorcyclists that they can't carry squat on their machines like a scooter can - gotta grab that superiority wherever we can, you know.  ;)

I satisfy my short man syndrome (scooter man syndrome) with blasting off the line in my SW and leaving everyone in the dust including a recent bout with a Mustang GT 500. That's why I had to get rid of my Honda 919. Too much hooliganism in me.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 08:40:52 AM »
I satisfy my short man syndrome (scooter man syndrome) with blasting off the line in my SW and leaving everyone in the dust including a recent bout with a Mustang GT 500. That's why I had to get rid of my Honda 919. Too much hooliganism in me.

Not a big deal to me on my burger (650).   I can deal with the real sporting models beating me to 60ish and beating the rest to 90ish.

The S200..maybe 30ish -40ish.
They HD200 (SYM) 50ish-60ish
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »
First off the line is rarely your safest choice. But if there's a good lookin' gal nearby..... ;)

Back to the OP...Going to have to figure my own personal "Coffee Tour". I like the independent shops when I can find them, but can only think of a couple I would call semi-regular stops. Hmmmm, gonna have to pay more attention.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 02:55:46 AM »
One day, as kids,  my brother and I towed our plywood coaster a few miles to ride down the very long driveways of  mansions along the Scioto river in Columbus, OH. A kid came out riding on his twin-engine go-cart....he sat and watched us for awhile and asked us to let him have some turns 'driving' our coaster...it was his driveway.
After awhile he invited us home for lunch....where his Dad walked in with a TV star.
Are coasters like scooters & go-carts like motorcycles?
Stig
Good comparison, I think. Seems like most of the motorcyclists who try out riding a scooter find it a blast.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 11:27:42 AM »
Good comparison, I think. Seems like most of the motorcyclists who try out riding a scooter find it a blast.

For those of you who ride a Maxiscooter can attest, these scoots are big and powerful and can outrun most everything on the road except for sport bikes. Like I read once in a motorcycle magazine. Maxiscooters are motorcycles dressed up like motorscooters.

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 12:12:42 AM »
For those of you who ride a Maxiscooter can attest, these scoots are big and powerful and can outrun most everything on the road except for sport bikes. Like I read once in a motorcycle magazine. Maxiscooters are motorcycles dressed up like motorscooters.

Mostly true, but there is a bit of a line in terms of handling.
The TMax, Burgman 650, & BMW maxi's frame mount motor and transmission.
In effect they handle like a CVT motorcycle with a lower COG than most bikes.  Just barely over the line to motorcycle you'll find the Honda NC700x, CTX700, & related bikes.
The SilverWing is it's own thing with the motor on the frame but at least part of the drive train's weight on the swingarm, resulting in what is noted by myself, & everybody I know who's ridden one, as more "scooterish" handling.  Not bad, but different.
The rest of the Maxi's have more traditional scooter setups so handle like bit scoots vs. a motorcycle.  Ride a few of the aforementioned followed by a smaller Maxi scooter & you'll see what I mean.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 01:10:48 AM »
Mostly true, but there is a bit of a line in terms of handling.
The TMax, Burgman 650, & BMW maxi's frame mount motor and transmission.
In effect they handle like a CVT motorcycle with a lower COG than most bikes.  Just barely over the line to motorcycle you'll find the Honda NC700x, CTX700, & related bikes.
The SilverWing is it's own thing with the motor on the frame but at least part of the drive train's weight on the swingarm, resulting in what is noted by myself, & everybody I know who's ridden one, as more "scooterish" handling.  Not bad, but different.
The rest of the Maxi's have more traditional scooter setups so handle like bit scoots vs. a motorcycle.  Ride a few of the aforementioned followed by a smaller Maxi scooter & you'll see what I mean.

After 2 B650's, a 400, Reflex and Silverwing, I've had a pretty good lot of Maxiscooters and agree, they have similarities to motorcycles but not entirely. I did get a chance to own a couple of Goldings and a Honda 919 Hornet. But truth be told I'm a scooter guy at heart and found a keeper with my 03 Silverwing. Much lighter than my last Executive and simpler to work on. And yes, I had the drive belt break on my Burgman. I got on this site when I picked up an S200 last Spring. I doubt that I'll go back to a motorcycle.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:14:00 AM by Scooter Dan »

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2016, 04:19:26 PM »
If the wallet and wifey allow, everyone that owns a touring bike 1000cc's and larger should have a 300cc or less scooter. Never having owned one until I bought my gt300i, I didn't know what I was missing. Coffee shop runs just down the street are more enjoyable. Heading up to the hardware store/Home Depot just to look around is far more frequent as is the excuse just to get on it and go anywhere. Still love the big bike for longer distance scouting, but the scooter added another dimension.

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 02:31:35 AM »
If the wallet and wifey allow, everyone that owns a touring bike 1000cc's and larger should have a 300cc or less scooter. Never having owned one until I bought my gt300i, I didn't know what I was missing. Coffee shop runs just down the street are more enjoyable. Heading up to the hardware store/Home Depot just to look around is far more frequent as is the excuse just to get on it and go anywhere. Still love the big bike for longer distance scouting, but the scooter added another dimension.

Last year I put on 3000 miles on my Nissan pick up truck and 4500 miles on my LIKE.  I rode my Like to every store unless I was buying something that would not fit in the back. I drive a company truck for work, otherwise I would be a scooter commuter.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()