Author Topic: Help picking new scooter and  (Read 6029 times)

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
Re: Help picking new scooter and
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2016, 02:53:51 PM »
Hondas are feeble and slow.

If I get another small scooter it will probably be another Kymco. As for feeble and slow, perhaps for the smaller Honda scooters but not for my Honda Silverwing 600cc. It's a very powerful maxiscooter and will probably remain my main ride. I was passing someone yesterday on a state highway and looked down at my speedometer and saw 90 in a matter of seconds. If I had to have only one bike that would do it all for touring and urban riding it would be the SW. It's the swiss army knife of scooters. I finally got the Grom and Buddy off my brain, BTW.  ;)
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2016, 08:50:58 PM »
Just took my Helix for a 330 mile trip in the N. Georgia, Tennessee, N. Carolina Mountains yesterday. Cruised 70 on the highway and kept up with the motorcycles on the twisties.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2016, 03:00:51 AM »
Just took my Helix for a 330 mile trip in the N. Georgia, Tennessee, N. Carolina Mountains yesterday. Cruised 70 on the highway and kept up with the motorcycles on the twisties.

The Helix is an amazing scooter and came close to buying one. They're the bike that started Maxiscooters.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2016, 10:26:44 AM »
The Helix is an amazing scooter and came close to buying one. They're the bike that started Maxiscooters.
If only they weren't  so....
You know.
Stig
(Great scoot by all accounts. ...but geez!)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()