Author Topic: Front forks rear suspension  (Read 1027 times)

mcjklj

• View Profile
Front forks rear suspension
« on: June 15, 2010, 07:32:57 PM »
Ok I love my agility 125 used to have a Yamaha Zuma,  but found a 125 for 900.00 with 250 kilo's on it had to make the jump.  However riding the agility verse the zuma is like driving a truck verses a cadillac.  My Kymco dealer told me to just put more padding in the seat, which might help, however has anyone done any modifications to their suspenision?  Need to soften the ride improve the handling.

BlueBaron

• View Profile
Re: Front forks rear suspension
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 04:55:05 AM »
I can see how you would want more padding coming from a 50cc that has a suspension built for 1up but the a125 has a heavy spring suspension for 2 riders and would feel quite stiff riding alone.  Someone on here posted a DIY for installing more padding in your seat.  Just remove about 20 staples from the seat and slide some foam padding in for extra cusion.  Improving the handling is something more difficult.  I'm not sure and correct me if I'm wrong but the zuma has 10" wheels vs the agility's 12" wheels.  The zumas wheels will allow you to turn sharper and more quickly than the larger wheels on the agility will.  Couple that with the 125cc engine that jumps on a quarter turn of the throttle and you have something harder to control than a 50cc zuma.  I came from a honda metropolitan that ran like a dream and took corners like nothing I've ever driven before but I needed something more so I know where you're coming from haha.

art

• View Profile
Re: Front forks rear suspension
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 05:27:51 AM »
I think you have three setting for the rear shocks and can tune the forks with fluid levels,but the fact is kymco does not make the best seat around my only gripe.If you have only 250kl it will loosen up with some break in miles.had a vino 125 felt like a tank to me at 200miles on the clock and stiff as a board,it's why i went to the people for the 16" tires.My sister found a $20 jell pad at wallmart strapped it to the seat and threw a cover over it Ha!she swears by it.I might do the same but pull the staples and put it under the stock cover.Yamaha makes a great seat,if it only fit the kymco we'd have something.Hope that helps
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()