Author Topic: How to disassemble front Tupperware on P250S  (Read 1585 times)

axy

• View Profile
How to disassemble front Tupperware on P250S
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »
It is a known fact that those morons from Kymco in user's manual for P250S in fact show P250 on illustrations.
The same is valid for all maintenance and repair manuals.
Of course, Tupperware removal is completely different for "plain" and "S" models.

I would like to change oil in brakes and to do that, I need to disassemble front plastic bits.
Once I tried but was unsuccessful: the only obvious thing to be removed is front fairing, held by 3-4 visible screws. From there on, everything is a mystery.

Knowing that procedure would be useful also when the time comes to replace light bulbs because I have no idea how to do that... and, probably, coolant...

Can anybody describe how to do it for S model, or is there some kind of step-by-step tutorial available online?

Thanks!
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Agent Bob

• View Profile
Re: How to disassemble front Tupperware on P250S
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:49:53 PM »
I'm just guessing in your particular case, but I think a lot of modern plastic parts are snapped into mating pieces on the edges of the mated part, for quick and dirty factory assembly...no screws.

spooker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:33:54 AM »
I replaced some of the tupperware along the side after an accident.  It was fairly easy--the main securing mechanism was several plastic bits, kinda like snaps.  They were fairly easy to remove.  But I first had to remove 2 screws.  I don't know if the front is similar.

BTW, I believe the coolant is filled by taking off that screw-on panel next to your right ankle.

richbury

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:34:39 PM »
replaced front fork after and accident last fall, i don't remember there being any real problems taking off and replacing the front plastic,although
the unsnapping and snapping back together of the plastic will make you cringe, in fear of breaking something

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »
IBTW, I believe the coolant is filled by taking off that screw-on panel next to your right ankle.

Replace... not fill...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()