Author Topic: Tuning new Super 9 AC?  (Read 14645 times)

Chaz

• View Profile
Re: Tuning new Super 9 AC?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 01:54:25 AM »
No rev limit CDI is made by universal parts.  This is the one I used.  With some plugs you may have to disconnect the wires from the plug and the new CDI and attach them to the old plug, although in my case I didn't.  Someone else I know had to do that though.

I know it says for GY6 150cc 4 stroke engines, but they work fine on Kymco S9 air cooled also.  Remember CDI the the only controls peak revs and advance and retard.    The signal of when to spark comes from the magneto/stator, it is just advanced or retarded a little by the CDI.  This CDI works perfectly.  Spark Plug is biscuit brown and it revs to whatever your port timing will allow, which in the case of the Airsal T6 is in excess of 12000rpm.  With an Airsal T6, Technigas pipe, Arreche 19mm with 90 main jet  (comes with a 72 so make sure you order the bigger jet when you order the carb),  6 gram variator weights, and universal parts cdi and it will do in excess of 60mph and out accelerate a standard GY6 150cc scooter.
http://www.partsforscooters.com/169-27-Performance-CDI

Chaz

671MTX

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 03:22:18 AM »
^Is the Universal Parts GY6 Performace CDI you posted a link on a direct fit?

Is it only recommended if the Scooter has a 70cc kit and Carb or can it do without? 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 03:28:10 AM by 671MTX »

Chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »
You can use it with the 50cc too.  It will give you more revs which will mean more top speed.  However, if you want to hold that speed up hills and have much much harder acceleration you need to get the 70cc kit and the 19mm carb too.  You will get between 60 and 65mph with blinding front wheel skipping off the ground acceleration with airsal T6 cylinder kit and the big carb.

671MTX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 10:02:18 PM »
So, it's pretty much a plug and play for the Super 9 ac? I just want to make sure before I do get it.  Thanks!

671MTX

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 04:41:13 AM »
What Air Filter do you guys recommend with the Arreche 19mm Carb? 

Chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 01:34:55 AM »
"What Air Filter do you guys recommend with the Arreche 19mm Carb?"

Any K&N style filter.  Make sure you check your plug, it should be brown after a WOT run.
Adjust airscrew about 3/4 turn out.  That means all the way in to the stop and then back out 3/4 of a turn.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 01:46:23 AM »
If you really wanna go all-out, you could get the oversized manifold and 24mm carburetor.  ::)

This is a picture of my Super 9 engine.  The same modifications can be done to the air cooled engine as well.

You can get these from Moped Hospital.  Tell 'em "Josh from The Scooter Garage" sent you if you call for one!

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()